Applying for the RIMS-CRMP
Ready to become a RIMS-Certified Risk Management Professional? Congratulations on making a decision that will increase your career trajectory and establish you as a credible, ethical member of the profession. Start now to join an elite group of risk professionals.
The application includes the following sections:
• Applicant Contact Information
• Code of Ethics, Disclosure and Attestations
• Higher Academic Education
• Qualifying Employment Experience
• Payment (Your application cannot be approved until payment is made.)
Before you start your application, make sure your supporting documents are ready. Depending on your eligibility, you are required to provide one or more of the following:
• Official university transcript
• Letter from the Registrar confirming dates of attendance—grades not required.
(Copies of photographs of a diploma will not be accepted.)
• Employment verification form (Supervisor or HR Manager signature required)
3. After you’re approved, sign up for the exam.
You can select an exam date within a six-month timeframe as long as it is during an exam window. The RIMS-CRMP certification exam is offered four times per year, and each test window is open for approximately 60 days.
2019 Test Windows
January 14 – March 16
April 15 – June 15
July 15 – September 14
October 14 – December 14
The RIMS-CRMP exam is available as a computer-based test at Pearson VUE Test Centers around the world.
Find your exam location.
5. Take the exam at your local Pearson VUE Test Center and pass.
After you pass the exam, we will send you a certificate suitable for display and your RIMS-CRMP lapel pin. Your RIMS-CRMP Certification is valid for two years.
Questions? Contact RIMS-CRMP@RIMS.org.
Commitment to Impartiality:
- RIMS membership is not a prerequisite for certification.
- Achieving certification does not constitute RIMS membership.
- RIMS and RIMS-CRMP does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race,
religion, national origin, marital status or physical disabilities.
- RIMS understands the importance of impartiality in carrying out its
certification activities, manages conflicts of interest and ensures the
objectivity of its certification activities.