Information for Educators
This page serves as a resource for staying up-to-date on opportunities available for students and educators (a full-time, college-level professor or dean).
Become an Educational Member Today!
By becoming a member, you stay up-to-date on industry trends and gain access to members-only resources and discounts on workshops, online education, events and more. Educational Member dues are $125 per year. (NOTE: A current curriculum vitae is required in order to qualify for education membership)Learn more
Tell your students about RIMS!
Did you know that your students can join RIMS for free? Signing up easy, just tell your students to fill out the online application. (NOTE: Students will need to submit a transcript within 2 weeks to activate membership. Complete the online application, and email an official/unofficial transcript to email@example.com or fax 212-655-7422.)Learn more
Create your Opis profile!
Introducing Opis, a new way for RIMS members to access content, exchange information, collaborate and strengthen skills. This smart technology delivers you customized content recommendations based on your personal competencies, skills and interests. Opis is exclusive for RIMS members.Learn more
How else can students and educators benefit from RIMS membership?
Build Relationships and Find Job Opportunities
- attend events held by local chapters and the RIMS 2016 Conference & Exhibition
- have your students share their resume and search for jobs in the career center
Connect & Stay Up-to-Date
- Read about industry trends in Risk Management Magazine and the RM Monitor blog
- Supplement your education with workshops, webinars, and online courses
- Nominate your students for the ABSIP
- Select students to compete in the Spencer-RIMS Risk Management Challenge
- Spencer Risk Manager in Residence Program
- Spencer Educational Foundation Scholariships
Scholarships & Grants
Funding the education of tomorrow’s risk management and insurance leaders. Spencer is Scholarships, Grants, and Awareness.Learn More
Questions or Suggestions?
Contact Josh Lamangan, Membership Development Manager