RIMS Online Courses incorporate various mediums, case studies, practical exercises and articles. See the descriptions below for all of our online courses including, Risk Management Techniques, Designing an ERM Framework , Managing IT Risk & Cyber Threats and more.
To register, click the appropriate Online Course title below:
This course does not apply towards RIMS Fellow.
Junior level risk professionals and those who support the risk management process have an exciting new opportunity to focus on the basics of traditional risk management and position themselves to support broader goals of enterprise risk management and strategic decision making within their organization.
This 6 part online, multi-platform course takes no more than 3 hours to complete. Participants will learn about the purpose, concepts, and tools of the risk management process. Emphasis is given to supporting decision making and establishing the foundation for an enterprise risk management approach to the mitigation of traditional risks and exploitation of opportunities.
- Foundation - identify current trends and tools and techniques in risk management
- Fundamentals - apply risk management process to organizational strategy
- Understanding Risk as a Portfolio - recognize the importance of risk inter-connectedness
- Risk Actions - use decision modeling techniques for risk actions
- Retaining and Transferring Risk - consider risk retention and transfer within “acceptable boundaries”
- Risk Planning and Decision Making - better manage uncertainty and decision quality in the context of your organization
Learning modules are presented in narrated screens with interactivity, definitions, examples, and brief knowledge checks. A personalized action planner will help you apply tools and techniques and organize opportunities for improvement. A glossary and bibliography will help guide future research and training, and all documents are available as pdf downloads.
By taking this course practitioners will:
- Meet the expectations of internal and external stakeholders
- Enable management to fulfill their complete role
- Enable the board to fulfill its risk oversight responsibilities
- Leverage risk as a competitive advantage
- Improve the chance of achieving the organization’s mission and goals
- Have the risk function seen as relevant and one that contributes to the company’s success
- Become a more effective risk professional and make an impact across your organization
Junior Level Risk and Claims Professionals and risk management support staff
> Register *Spanish language version coming soon*
Registration rates for the RIMS Risk Management Techniques Course:
RIMS Members: $129 (USD) Non-members: $199 (USD)
Need to get an ERM program started or re-started? This interactive course will enable you to design a successful framework that will help you answer the following typical questions:
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Before conducting that first risk assessment, what options should be considered?
- How can you determine what type of risk attitude your organization exhibits?
- What do you need to do to gain credibility and commitment for the program?
- What specific design elements need to be in place?
- How can you overcome certain common ERM obstacles?
Who Should Attend
- Discuss how to modify traditional approaches to develop a more proactive risk management strategy
- Analyze your organizations core values and identify how they affect risk taking attitudes, appetites and tolerances
- Calculate the value added to your organization through implementation of an ERM program
- Examine how governance drivers determine value in an organizations ERM strategy
- Analyze the role of international, national and regional standards that insure risks are being managed effectively within your organization
- Summarize the framework that serves as both a structure and a system to support your organizations strategic and operational ERM objectives
- Examine the seven essential attributes of a successful ERM along a maturity spectrum
Executives, directors, and managers in risk management, strategic planning, finance, audit, legal, security, compliance and consultants contracted to implement ERM
What You Will Cover
- Stages of the ERM success trajectory model
- Inherent characteristics of risk
- Benefits of an ERM program
- Impact of an organization’s culture on risk management efforts
Registration rates for the Designing an ERM Framework Course:
RIMS Members: $395 (USD) Non-members: $525 (USD)
With travel and education budgets being cut and time becoming scarce, RIMS has developed these remote-learning options to meet the changing needs of today's professionals to be:
- Flexible—24/7 access to material
- Portable—downloadable files
- Manageable—material presented in small manageable segments called modules
- Interactive—online forum to network with the instructor and other participants
For details regarding these programs, visit the RIMS Online Courses info page.
RIMS Fellow designation A maximum of four online courses can be used for the RIMS Fellow designation. The online courses with the RF designation offer one RF designation credit. If you have any questions on the RIMS Fellow designation, please visit the RIMS Fellow Page.
RIMS Online Course Partners
RIMS has also partnered with other online course providers, found below. RIMS members receive a 10% discount on select third-party online course providers.