Degree and Experience Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (or global equivalent) in risk management, and
- One year of full-time work experience (or full-time equivalence) in risk management*
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (or global equivalent) in non-risk management area of study, and
- Three years of full-time work experience (or full-time equivalence) in risk management*
Note: Degrees must be obtained from accredited or equivalent schools of higher education.
Internships count toward risk management experience.
Non-Degree Experience Requirement
- Seven years of risk management experience*
- Possessing the Associate in Risk Management (ARM) and/or Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation counts towards two years of risk management experience.
*Risk Management Experience is occupational experience that leverages the opportunities and uncertainties associated with an organization’s goals and objectives. This includes implementing, developing or leading the risk management practices that enable an organization to make risk-effective decisions that create and sustain value.
Questions? Contact RIMS-CRMP@RIMS.org.
RIMS membership is not a prerequisite for certification.
Achieving certification does not constitute RIMS membership.RIMS and RIMS-CRMP does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, marital status, or physical disabilities.RIMS understands the importance of impartiality in carrying out its certification activities, manages conflict of interest, and ensures the objectivity of its certification activities.