Own Risk & Solvency Assessment (ORSA)
An insurer that is subject to the Own Risk & Solvency Assessment (ORSA) requirements is expected to:
- Regularly, no less than annually, conduct an ORSA to evaluate the adequacy of its risk management framework, along with current and estimated projected future solvency position;
- Internally document the process and results of the assessment; and
- Provide a confidential high-level ORSA Summary Report annually to the lead state commissioner if the insurer is a member of an insurance group and, upon request, to the domiciliary state regulator.
Are you well-versed in how to orchestrate cross functional collaboration that is needed to compile these in-depth documents and reports? This virtual workshop will cover ORSA requirements while participants create a project plan and timeline for the annual ORSA cycle. As an attendee, you’ll walk away with the knowledge and confidence to successfully handle this regulatory requirement.
RIMS Members: $1,860 USD | Non-members: $2,280 USD (review registration details below)
Continuing Education Credits
CE, CLE, and CPE, click here for eligibility and hours
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course provides the knowledge, skills and best practices to orchestrate cross functional collaboration needed to compile elements and construct an annual Own Risk & Solvency Assessment (ORSA) Report. These include:
- The knowledge, skills and relationships learner needs to know for tasks/process steps to build ORSA Report.
- Resources and relationships within organization learner needs to facilitate/access to enable execution of ORSA Report assembly.
- Standards, metrics and guidelines learner needs to apply to draft ORSA Report and defend it with regulators.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This program is suitable for experienced risk and insurance professionals who need to build an ORSA report within their organization.
RIMS education courses are designed primarily for risk and insurance professionals, but anyone within an organization who wants to learn more about a specific topic of interest is encouraged to attend.
Formats: Live virtual, in-person, private corporate training, or chapter workshop. Contact PD@RIMS.org regarding corporate and chapter training.
April 25, 27 and 28, 2022
For registration assistance, please contact us at PD@RIMS.org.
Cancellations and Refunds
RIMS reserves the right to cancel a course if conditions warrant. In the event of such a cancellation, registration fees will be refunded.
All requests for refunds or changes must be submitted in writing to RIMS at pd@RIMS.org. Registrants who cancel 15 business days or less prior to the start of the workshop can send a replacement from their company or receive credit to attend another workshop with the same duration and cost within a year of the cancelled registration. Please note if the member rate was paid for the original registration and you elect to send a replacement or transfer the credit to another employee of your organization who is not a member, an additional fee will be charged to offset the difference between the member and nonmember rate. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 15 days from the start of the workshop.