Applying and Integrating ERM
Learn how to turn theory into practice by creating and applying a practical enterprise risk management (ERM) framework that builds and protects organizational value. Workshop participants work with professional instructors to analyze the benefits and challenges of ERM, create an ERM agenda and participate in real-world case studies. Attendees may also earn up to 13 hours of CE and 13.2 for CPE credits.
March 30 – 31 | 9:00 am – 3:00 pm ET
Registration is closed for the March workshop.
Instructor: Nowell Seaman, Manager, Insurance & Risk at
Federated Co-operatives Limited
RIMS Members: $1,860 USD | Non-members: $2,280 USD (review registration details below)
Continuing Education Credits
Earn up to 13 hours of CE and 13.2 for CPE credits. Check if your state/province is eligible for credits. Click here for details.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
In this class, you learn to apply and integrate ERM within your organization. Course participants walk away with the ability to:
- Gain commitment: creating an ERM value statement and strategy, understanding objectives, obstacles and challenges
- Design the scope of an ERM framework: aligning accountability, collaboration and communication
- Activate a plan: integrating relevant risk management strategies, delivering training and identifying measurements
- Monitor and report progress: reassessing priorities
- Measure results against expectations: adapting and improving
- Construct, design, activate, monitor and improve enterprise risk management approaches and practices
- Apply COSO and ISO 31000 standards and guidelines
- Differentiate between traditional risk management and ERM
- Build an ERM value proposition
- Identify and address common ERM challenges
- Develop a risk network for your organization
Participants engage in activities and interactions designed to reinforce course concepts. RIMS professional instructional designers construct the activities so that the attendees learn from each other as well as from the experienced facilitators. Examples of exercises include:
- Understanding the cultural impact of risk management
- How to determine the cultural impact on ERM success
- 60-second ERM elevator pitch
- Small group exercise on how to gain support for ERM
- How to continuously refresh your ERM framework
- How to gauge the effectiveness of your ERM framework
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Vice presidents, managers and directors of risk management
- Professionals tasked with identifying and/or managing risks
- Professionals who want to gain a better understanding of ERM and its approaches
- Online, instructor-led
- Interactive Zoom meetings
- Two sessions with 11 total hours of training
- 10-minute breaks every hour and a 30-minute lunch
- Group exercises, polling and chat
May 5 – 6, 2021
June 21 – 22, 2021
July 22 – 23, 2021
For registration assistance, please contact our Client Services Team at CST@RIMS.org.
Cancellations and Refunds
RIMS reserves the right to cancel a course if conditions warrant. In the event of such a cancellation, registration fees will be refunded.
All requests for refunds or changes must be submitted in writing to RIMS at pd@RIMS.org. Registrants who cancel 15 business days or less prior to the start of the workshop can send a replacement from their company or receive credit to attend another workshop with the same duration and cost within a year of the cancelled registration. Please note if the member rate was paid for the original registration and you elect to send a replacement or transfer the credit to another employee of your organization who is not a member, an additional fee will be charged to offset the difference between the member and nonmember rate. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 15 days from the start of the workshop.