The 2016 Survey, which is an annual summary of the data received during the 2015 calendar year, offers professionals a broad view of the industry. As a single source of benchmark statistics with industry data for more than 52,000 insurance programs from over 1,400 organizations, the survey is your window into the commercial insurance market!
RIMS Benchmark Survey (produced with Advisen Ltd.) provides the risk management and insurance industry with Total Cost of Risk (TCOR) statistics from more than 52,000 insurance programs and almost 1,500 organizations.
Axco’s Insight Risk Manager is a single, authoritative guide of global insurance regulation information designed specifically for risk managers and insurance buyers. The customizable database allows you to view regulatory requirements specific to your global insurance programs in an easy-to-read Q & A format, ensuring your discussions with brokers are relevant and informed.
If you missed RIMS 2014 in Denver, we recorded select sessions. This package includes more than 60 hours of educational presentations.
Zurich Multinational Insurance Application (Zurich MIA) is an award-winning tool that provides a constantly updated view of the widely different insurance and premium tax laws and regulations that apply in countries around the world where you operate. It is now available for RIMS members at no charge.
For more information, visit: http://www.rims.org/resources/InternationalCenter/Pages/ZurichMIA.aspx
The report, authored by members of RIMS ERM Committee, explores common characteristics of risk management programs and provides practitioners with five fundamental steps to help them successfully transition to a broader enterprise risk management approach.
A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR BUSINESS LEADERS
DO YOU WANT TO
WITHOUT MORE SALES?
If so, deploying effective operational policies and procedures that avoid known and unknown business risk is critical; otherwise, you can devastate your bottom line.
Enterprise Risk Management for Dummies - 2nd Edition!
Root Cause Analysis Handbook: A Guide to Efficient and Effective Incident Analysis, 3rd ed., with CD and Wall-Size RCA Map
by ABS Consulting
Financial, risk, and reliability engineers refer to this all-in one package of book, CD, and root cause analysis (RCA) map as “in a league of its own, the best resource on the subject.” It offers the unique breadth, depth, and practicality that can only come from six authors with 125+ years of combined international RCA consulting experience in a wide range of industries.. It presents a field-tested system for investigating, categorizing, reporting and trending, and ultimately eliminating the root causes of incidents with quality, reliability, environmental, health, safety, and production-process impacts—and their attendant risks.
The total package includes:
• 300-page Handbook focusing on rigorous application of structured techniques for both apparent cause analyses and root cause analyses. It includes step-by-step instructions, checklists, and forms for performing an analysis and enables users to effectively incorporate the methodology and apply it to a variety of situations. There are numerous incident, facility and industry-specific examples and over 120 figures and tables.
• CD Toolkit including examples of cause and effect Trees and a sample template; examples of cause and effect Timelines and a sample template; toolkits for Investigating, Data Gathering, Data Analysis, etc.; plentiful forms and checklists; field-tested toolkit that ABS Consulting uses in its projects that you can adapt for your own RCA/incident investigation program; and a resource list of recommended books, websites, organizations, etc.
• Root Cause Map (full color wall chart 17” x 22”)—a powerful tool for staff to use in identifying and coding root causes.
• Licensed access to ABS Consulting website to help you stay current with an abundant collection of articles, up to date examples, charts, forms, etc.
Root Cause Analysis Handbook is widely used in corporate training programs and college courses all over the world. If you’re responsible for risk and reliability engineering or management, you’ll want this comprehensive and practical resource at your fingertips. For more information https://www.rothstein.com/data/nr388.htm
This 216-page PDF report highlights compensation rates for risk professionals in 11 different positions from CRO to Risk Analyst for the US and Canada. Conducted by RIMS and enetrix (a division of Gallup, Inc.), these results reflect responses from 2,250 individuals in 1,560 organizations in the US and 218+ in Canada. Data are filtered by geographic location (region, state/province, metropolitan area), type of ownership or tax-status of the organization, size of organization based on revenue, level of education and supervisory responsibility.
At last! THE book on crisis communication that outlines how to manage the high-stakes risks of words and actions, especially during the first critical hours of a corporate crisis.
Jim Lukaszewski, an industry-leading global grand master who helped shape the modern discipline of crisis communication, distills a career’s worth of wisdom and current insights into 10 chapters of field-tested how-tos. Delivered in his straight-talking style backed with compelling case studies, Lukaszewski is your guide to preparing for a crisis and the inevitable visibility that results. He teaches you:
• How crises create victims – and introduces a concept rarely dealt with in crisis communication and operational response planning: managing the victim dimension of crisis;
• To avoid the toxicity of silence;
• To drive attorneys to settle instead of litigate;
• To overcome the abusive, intrusive and coercive behavior of bloviators, bellyachers, back-bench bitchers, the media, activists and critics!
James E. Lukaszewski (Loo-ka-SHEV-skee), ABC, APR, Fellow PRSA, was named among the 100 Top Thought Leaders of 2013 by Trust Across America, is profiled in Living Legends of American Public Relations, and is listed in Corporate Legal Times as one of “28 Experts to Call When All Hell Breaks Loose.” For more information http://www.rothstein.com/blog/new-book-lukaszewski-on-crisis-communication-what-your-ceo-needs-to-know-about-reputation-risks-and-crisis-management-by-jim-lukaszewski-3/