Fundamentals of Insurance
May 18 – 19 | 10: 00 am – 6:00 pm ET
Registration is closed for the May workshop.
Dan Kugler, Principal, Risk Management & Insurance Consultancy, LLC | View instructor profile
August 5 – 6 | 10:00 am – 5:30 pm ET
Registration closes August 4. Register for the August workshop.
October 4 – 5 | 9:00 am – 4:30 pm ET
Registration closes October 1. Register for the October workshop.
Registration closes December 3. Register for the November workshop
Elise Farnham, President, Illumine Consulting | View instructor profile
RIMS Members: $775 USD | Non-Members: $1,175 USD (review the registration details below)
Continuing Education Credits
Earn up to 13 hours of CE and 13.2 hours for CPE credits. Check if your state is eligible for CE credits. Click here for details.
As one of the main forms of risk transfer, insurance is a complex and critical part of the foundation of any risk management program. This workshop covers the basics of insurance, from insurance terms and concepts to what’s included in a policy and which types are available. The course will detail the different exposures corporations face, including those covered by property, casualty and marine insurances, as well as a brief section on government. Using real-world examples and group discussions, participants will learn how to assess appropriate coverage for an organization, how to apply and protect assets, and even how to break down an insurance contract.
- Live online training
- Interactive Zoom meetings
- Two sessions with 14 total hours of training
- 10-minute breaks every hour and a 30 minute lunch
- Group exercises, polling and chat
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Review an insurance policy to determine how coverage is applied
- Know how to purchase insurance and which types of insurance are available
- Understand how insurance provides a financial transfer of risk
- Use insurance terms and concepts correctly
- Analyze appropriate coverage for the exposures faced by the organization
- Protect the assets of the organization through the purchase of insurance
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY
- Definitions of insurance applications and basic insurance
- Legal principles and contract construction
- Examples of policies, including: casualty, property, workers’ compensation, professional liability, transportation, crime and surety bonding
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- New risk professionals
- Claims professionals
- Loss control professionals
- Legal counsel
August 5 – 6, 2021
October 4 – 5, 2021
December 6 – 7, 2021
For registration assistance, please contact our Client Services Team at CST@RIMS.org.
Cancellations and Refunds
RIMS reserves the right to cancel a course if conditions warrant. In the event of such a cancellation, registration fees will be refunded.
All requests for refunds or changes must be submitted in writing to RIMS at pd@RIMS.org. Registrants who cancel 15 business days or less prior to the start of the workshop can send a replacement from their company or receive credit to attend another workshop with the same duration and cost within a year of the cancelled registration. Please note if the member rate was paid for the original registration and you elect to send a replacement or transfer the credit to another employee of your organization who is not a member, an additional fee will be charged to offset the difference between the member and nonmember rate. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 15 days from the start of the workshop.