Financial Risk Management II, Capstone Class
Join Professor Steve Lindo at the RIMS office as he guides participants through four case studies. Connect with your peers and enjoy.
This is a capstone class for participants of the online series: Financial Risk Management Fundamentals II, or anyone interested in learning more about financial risk. Lunch will be provided.
Who Should Attend
- Attendees of the Online Learning Series: Financial Risk Management Fundamentals II
- Professionals seeking the ability to exercise critical judgment in situations involving financial risks, working or expecting to work in:
- Non-financial organizations in finance or risk management roles
- Financial institutions in finance or audit roles
- Departments such as I/T, legal, compliance and HR which work closely with financial risk management in any type of organization
- All participants are expected to have a good grasp of financial risk management concepts and practices
What You Will Cover
- Each of the case studies selected for the capstone class puts participants in a situation which requires them to exercise business and technical judgment using the financial risk management concepts and practices demonstrated in the webinar sessions.
- The first three case studies simulate real-life market, credit and liquidity risk management situations.
- The fourth case study deconstructs the risk management culture, behavior and practices which actually occurred prior to and during the 2007-8 financial crisis, requiring participants to assess the causes and consequences of actions and attitudes which resulted in dramatically different outcomes.
- The participant version of the relevant case study will be handed out at the beginning of each of the four sessions. After a brief overview by the instructor, participants will discuss in break-out groups the case study background and what actions they recommend.
- Each group will then share its recommendations with the class, followed by the instructor’s explanation of the most suitable recommendations.
- Participants will receive a copy of the instructor version of each case study at the end of the workshop.
We suggest that you register on-line for quick registration. If you are mailing us a check or doing a bank transfer, you need to fax us a copy of the registration form in order to hold your seat in the program. Registration is not guaranteed until we receive payment. If you wish to participate in a RIMS course, the registration fee needs to be received by RIMS before the first day of the course.
If you register by mailing a check or doing a bank transfer, you will be accepted as long as the program is not sold out when we receive your payment.
International Attendee Information/Travel Visas- APPLY EARLY! Visa applicants are advised to apply to the consulate as soon as they decide to attend a program. We suggest at least four months in advance to allow enough time for the visa approval process to take place.
Since registrations will be limited, we suggest registering as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact through our online contact form.
Cancellations and Refunds
RIMS reserves the right to cancel a course if conditions warrant. In the event of such a cancellation, registration fees will be refunded. RIMS is not responsible for any travel or lodging expenses that an attendee may incur due to such a cancellation. Before purchasing your airline ticket, please confirm with RIMS (pd@RIMS.org) that there are enough registrations to conduct the program.
All requests for refunds or changes must be submitted in writing. Registrants who cancel 15 business days or less prior to the start of the workshop can send a replacement from their company or receive credit to attend another workshop with the same duration and cost within a year of the cancelled registration. Please note if the member rate was paid for the original registration and you elect to send a replacement or transfer the credit to another employee of your organization who is not a member, an additional fee will be charged to offset the difference between the member and nonmember rate. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 15 days from the start of the workshop.