Enterprise Risk Management
(A RIMS Fellow Workshop)
This workshop is designed for the risk manager who wants to understand the value a successful enterprise risk management (ERM) program can bring to an organization. Case studies, hands on exercises and an ERM Action Planner are used throughout the workshop to bridge the gap between ERM theory and practice.
Learn from the experience of your peers as you discuss strategies and challenges for implementing a successful ERM program.
This workshop is based on the Enterprise Risk Management (must be purchased separately) textbook published by the Institutes, which is optional reading for the workshop.
How You Will Benefit
By attending this workshop, insurance professionals will learn to:
- Improve organizational decision-making and the bottom line with the necessary support and resources essential for an ERM program
- Accurately assess your organization’s risk management needs and customize a program suitable for its unique challenges
- Prepare your organization to meet regulatory and rating agency requirements, incorporating flexibility for future changes
- Develop a written ERM Action Planner that outlines the specific questions you need to answer in order to sell, design and implement ERM
- Apply knowledge gained in this workshop towards preparing for the ARM-E and CRM-E designation
Who Should Attend
Executives, directors, and managers in risk management, strategic planning, finance, audit, legal, security, compliance and consultants contracted to implement ERM. Individuals seeking the ARM-E or CRM-E designations (note this is NOT an ARM-E exam preparatory course).
What You Will Cover
- Overview and advantages of ERM
- Foundations of ERM including ERM context, organizational culture, and approaches to ERM implementation
- Common global standards, frameworks, and processes.
- ERM functions including corporate governance, strategic planning, performance management, internal audit, and compliance.
- Detailed review of ERM process including risk assessment and treatment with an emphasis on the basics of quantitative modeling and risk-based capital allocation.
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Comprehensive ERM business case studies.
- Interactive Exercises
- ERM Action Planner
- Case studies
- Sample worksheets and forms
- Group projects
- Enterprise-Risk Management textbook (Purchase the book)
We suggest that you register on-line for quick registration. If you are mailing us a check or doing a bank transfer, you need to fax us a copy of the registration form in order to hold your seat in the program. Registration is not guaranteed until we receive payment. If you wish to participate in a RIMS course, the registration fee needs to be received by RIMS before the first day of the course.
If you register by mailing a check or doing a bank transfer, you will be accepted as long as the program is not sold out when we receive your payment.
International Attendee Information/Travel Visas- APPLY EARLY! Visa applicants are advised to apply to the consulate as soon as they decide to attend a program. We suggest at least four months in advance to allow enough time for the visa approval process to take place.
Since registrations will be limited, we suggest registering as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact through our online contact form.
Cancellations and Refunds
RIMS reserves the right to cancel a course if conditions warrant. In the event of such a cancellation, registration fees will be refunded. RIMS is not responsible for any travel or lodging expenses that an attendee may incur due to such a cancellation. Before purchasing your airline ticket, please confirm with RIMS (pd@RIMS.org) that there are enough registrations to conduct the program.
All requests for refunds or changes must be submitted in writing. Registrants who cancel 15 business days or less prior to the start of the workshop can send a replacement from their company or receive credit to attend another workshop with the same duration and cost within a year of the cancelled registration. Please note if the member rate was paid for the original registration and you elect to send a replacement or transfer the credit to another employee of your organization who is not a member, an additional fee will be charged to offset the difference between the member and nonmember rate. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 15 days from the start of the workshop.