Business Continuity Management: Promote and Protect Enterprise Value
(A RIMS Fellow Workshop)Updated in 2018!
A business continuity plan (BCP) will minimize the impact of business interruption should a disaster occur. Having a customized BCP in place will help your organization effectively respond to a crisis and over time, build a more resilient enterprise.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to create a plan tailored for your organization, communicate its merits to stakeholders and monitor the program for effectiveness. You’ll also understand the specific connectively between risk management and business continuity, a critical collaboration.
How You Will Benefit
By attending this workshop, risk managers and other professionals will learn to:
- Evaluate the various types of business continuity strategies and identify the most relevant for your organization
- Understand and document roles and responsibilities to ensure the success of your organization’s BCP
- Conduct a business impact analysis, and how best to utilize the results when creating a BCP
- Sustain your program with effective testing and exercises
- New: Understand the role BCP plays in building enterprise resiliency
Who Should Attend
Vice presidents, directors and managers of risk management, operations, internal audit, finance and supply chain. Any stakeholder with an interest or responsibility in protecting the organization from the effects of disruptive events.
What You Will Cover
- Underlying concepts and strategies of business continuity management (BCM)
- BCM Governance: policies, trends, and program structures
- Building a BCM team, understanding roles and responsibilities
- Business impact analysis (BIA): quantifying and qualifying an impact and applying the resulting data
- Selecting the right strategy for your organization’s needs
- Documenting a BC Plan, Program, and Strategy
- Testing and sustaining a BCP to improve its performance when disruptive events occur
- Case studies
- New: Interactive exercises
- Group projects
- Sample worksheets and templates
We suggest that you register on-line for quick registration. If you are mailing us a check or doing a bank transfer, you need to fax us a copy of the registration form in order to hold your seat in the program. Registration is not guaranteed until we receive payment. If you wish to participate in a RIMS course, the registration fee needs to be received by RIMS before the first day of the course.
If you register by mailing a check or doing a bank transfer, you will be accepted as long as the program is not sold out when we receive your payment.
International Attendee Information/Travel Visas- APPLY EARLY! Visa applicants are advised to apply to the consulate as soon as they decide to attend a program. We suggest at least four months in advance to allow enough time for the visa approval process to take place.
Since registrations will be limited, we suggest registering as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact through our online contact form.
Cancellations and Refunds
RIMS reserves the right to cancel a course if conditions warrant. In the event of such a cancellation, registration fees will be refunded. RIMS is not responsible for any travel or lodging expenses that an attendee may incur due to such a cancellation. Before purchasing your airline ticket, please confirm with RIMS (pd@RIMS.org) that there are enough registrations to conduct the program.
All requests for refunds or changes must be submitted in writing. Registrants who cancel 15 business days or less prior to the start of the workshop can send a replacement from their company or receive credit to attend another workshop with the same duration and cost within a year of the cancelled registration. Please note if the member rate was paid for the original registration and you elect to send a replacement or transfer the credit to another employee of your organization who is not a member, an additional fee will be charged to offset the difference between the member and nonmember rate. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 15 days from the start of the workshop.