Anita Benedetti Student Involvement Program
Each year, RIMS sponsors 30 students in the US and Canada, and 6 international students (not enrolled at a university in US & Canada) to attend the RIMS Annual Conference & Exposition. This program is thanks to a generous contribution from the Spencer Educational Foundation. For more information on Spencer, please visit: https://www.spencered.org
Congratulations to the 2021 ABSIP Scholars
- Aditi Iyer - British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Aditi Jain - National Insurance Academy (India)
- Audrey L. Dunn - University of Georgia
- Brendan Leibforth - Illinois State University
- Caeden Godfrey - Troy University
- Claire Richardson - Butler University
- Darren Bloomfield - Butler University
- Dayal Nikhol - National Insurance Academy (India)
- Dexter Bell - Florida State University
- Elina Goykhman - St. John's University
- Elizabeth "Carson" Meek - Appalachian State University
- Ellei Kay - Indiana State University
- Emilee Murphy - University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Emily Selenis - Illinois State University
- Gabrielle Beauvais - St. Joseph's University
- Hannah McGlocklin - Ferris State University
- Isabella Mandli - University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Jensen Worsley - Missouri State University
- Jonathan B. Lauria - University of Georgia
- Juan Esteban Uribe Tobon - Undervisidad EAFIT (Colombia)
- Judith Wieland - Florida State University
- Katherine Cole - Appalachian State University
- Kenny Pham - Georgia State University
- Kwan Wai Chan - Lingnan University (Hong Kong)
- Lily Van Elderen - University of Mississippi
- Man Chon - Lingnan University (Hong Kong)
- Marco Casanova - St. Mary's University
- Mikayla Durham - St. Mary's University
- Natalie Wagner - University of Calgary
- Nicholas Bosio - University of Hartford
- Nicholas Myers - St. Joseph's University
- Omar Gonzalez - Appalachian State University
- Teng Zhu - Peking University (China)
- Valerie Xu - University of Southern California
- Xili Wany - University of Southern California
- Yoanny Brito - University of Hartford
Nominate our students to be an ABSIP Scholar
In 2022, RIMS will sponsor 30 students in the US and Canada, and 6 international students (not enrolled at a university in US & Canada) to attend the RIMS Annual Conference & Exposition.
Nomination Period Opens: September 2021
Nomination Period Closes: December 2021
RIMS invites your institution to submit a maximum of 2 student nominations to participate in our Anita Benedetti Student Involvement Program. The selection process includes nomination by a department head of a university or college and a review of the nomination and support materials by the RIMS Student Advisory Council.
Domestic and International nominations forms will be posted and send to educators in late summer 2021.
Student sponsorship includes
- Complimentary conference registration for nominating professor or department head to mentor student(s) at the event
- Complimentary conference registration for students
- Hotel accommodations for students (two students to a room)
- Breakfast, lunch, and some evening meals for students and nominating professor or department head mentor
- $650 cash stipend for students to cover travel and incidental expenses.*
(*Stipend amount will be different for international students.)
Anita Benedetti scholars will receive mentorship; participate in stimulating conference sessions, gain valuable career development skills, and network with members of the SAC (practicing risk professionals), RIMS Board of Directors, insurers, brokers, and other industry professionals.
ABSIP Scholars & members of the RIMS Student Advisory Council
RIMS CEO, Mary Roth, and former RIMS President, Robert Cartwright, Jr., with ABSIP Scholars and members of the RIMS Student Advisory Council.
For more information about the competition, please contact Will Gilchrist at RMChallenge@rims.org or (212) 655-6031.
History of ABSIP
The RIMS Student Involvement Program was initiated as a pilot program at the 1978 Annual Conference in New Orleans. Due to the overwhelming success of this project, a standing committee was created, and the program has become a permanent part of the RIMS Annual Conference. In 1997, the name was changed to the Anita Benedetti Student Involvement Program to honor the late Anita Benedetti, former Deputy Executive Director of the Risk and Insurance Management Society. Inc. (RIMS) and President of the Spencer Educational Foundation, Inc.