As the preeminent organization dedicated to advancing the practice of risk management, RIMS, the risk management society™, is a global not-for-profit organization representing more than 3,500 industrial, service, nonprofit, charitable and government entities throughout the world. Founded in 1950, RIMS brings networking, professional development and education opportunities to its membership of more than 11,000 risk management professionals who are located in more than 60 countries.
To educate, engage and advocate for the global risk community.
Ensure a sustainable and adaptable organizational structure.
- Equip risk professionals to succeed in an evolving environment.
- Enhance engagement with members and the broader risk management community.
- Expand RIMS influence worldwide.
- Strive for excellence.
- Embrace innovation.
- Foster collaboration.
- Act with integrity, respect and humility.
- Empower through learning and development.
- Strengthen and sustain the profession.
- Inspire and excite.
RIMS Board of Directors is responsible for reviewing and approving the organization’s mission and strategic direction (above).
In order to ensure that all conflicts of interest, or the appearance thereof, within the organization and the Board are avoided or appropriately managed through disclosure, recusal, or other means, the Board utilizes a conflict of interest policy.
The Board also adheres to a reserve policy to ensure that the organization manages its funds responsibly.