As the preeminent organization dedicated to advancing the practice of risk management, RIMS, the risk management society™, is a global not-for-profit organization representing more than 3,500 industrial, service, nonprofit, charitable and government entities throughout the world. Founded in 1950, RIMS brings networking, professional development and education opportunities to its membership of more than 11,000 risk management professionals who are located in more than 60 countries.
RIMS will be the global leader in all aspects of risk management.
To advance risk management for your organization's success.
- To increase the size and scope of the Society's membership base of risk practitioners.
- To strengthen the Society's chapter structure.
- To develop and deliver risk management thought leadership, tools and resources.
- To increase the Society's influence, advocacy and global profile.
- To maintain an engaged staff and volunteer leadership, and progressive technologies and operations.
RIMS Board of Directors is responsible for reviewing and approving the organization’s mission and strategic direction (above).
In order to ensure that all conflicts of interest, or the appearance thereof, within the organization and the Board are avoided or appropriately managed through disclosure, recusal, or other means, the Board utilizes a conflict of interest policy.
The Board also adheres to a reserve policy to ensure that the organization manages its funds responsibly.