Society Announces its 2015 Anita Benedetti Student Scholars
(NEW YORK) March 9, 2015 – RIMS, the risk management society™, presented 30 college students with a 2015 Anita Benedetti Student Involvement Program grant. The program recognizes the achievements of outstanding undergraduate and graduate risk management students, providing them with airfare, hotel expenses, registration fees and a meal stipend to attend RIMS 2015 Annual Conference & Exhibition scheduled for April 26 – 29 in New Orleans.
"The key to sustaining the future of risk management is to embrace the next generation of professionals and to provide them with the advantages they'll need to grow and thrive in this industry," said Mary Roth, RIMS Executive Director. "The Anita Benedetti program is a wonderful example of RIMS' commitment to rising risk professionals. We look forward to welcoming them to RIMS ‘15 and introducing them to this truly exciting career."
This year’s grant recipients are:
· Boris Salvador Maldonado - Appalachian State University
· Bruce Thomas - Appalachian State University
· Corey Bledsoe - Ferris State University
· Rachel Roberts - Indiana State University
· Elizabeth Solomon - New Mexico State University
· Linda Liu - St. John's University
· Leanne Fuentes - St. Mary's University
· Julia White - University of Central Arkansas
· Julia Hellman - University of Georgia
· Rachel Sekorski - University of Hartford
· Sydney Hedberg - University of Mississippi
· Malorie Toth - University of North Texas
· Margaret Sutton - University of Wisconsin-Madison
· Lindsay Bunch - Virginia Commonwealth University
· Lauren Evans - Florida State University
· Joshua Hammond - Florida State University
· Tanner Schultz - Illinois State University
· Nate Yanz - Illinois State University
· Yancey Hicks - University of North Carolina at Charlotte
· Andrew Miner - University of North Carolina at Charlotte
· James Speaks - Eastern Kentucky University
· Blayne White - Olivet College
· Alexander Casanova - St. Mary's University
· Vincent Galasso - Temple University
· Ross Wheeler - University of Central Arkansas
· A.J. Johnson - University of Georgia
· Mitchell England - University of Mississippi
· Michael Mansell - University of Wisconsin-Madison
· Shay Brown - University of Alabama
· Alberto Francese - Virginia Commonwealth University
Funding for this year’s program was provided by the following sponsors: The Spencer Educational Foundation, AIG, Sedgwick and RIMS New York Chapter.
The RIMS Student Involvement Program was initiated as a pilot program at the 1978 Annual Conference in New Orleans. Due to its overwhelming success, the Student Involvement Committee was created, and the program has become a permanent part of the RIMS Annual Conference. The name was changed to the Anita Benedetti Student Involvement Program in 1997.
About RIMS Annual Conference & Exhibition
Launched in 1963, RIMS Annual Conference & Exhibition attracts some 10,000 risk and insurance professionals at all experience levels, business executives with risk management interests, brokers, insurers and service providers for the ultimate educational and networking experience. The four-day event offers more than 160 educational sessions, keynote presentations, special events and an expansive Exhibit Hall with approximately 400 exhibitors. Following New Orleans, the event will be hosted in San Diego in 2016. For more information, visit www.RIMS.org/RIMS15.