(NEW YORK) March 4, 2021 – RIMS, the risk management society®, presented 36 students with a 2021 Anita Benedetti Student Involvement Program grant. The program, sponsored by The Spencer Educational Foundation, recognizes the achievements of outstanding undergraduate and graduate risk management and insurance students. This year, the students will receive complimentary registration to the all-virtual RIMS LIVE 2021 conference scheduled for April 19 – 30, as well one RIMS-CRMP certification prep-course and an exam.
The ABSIP continues to recognize elite risk management and insurance undergraduates from outside of North America. The international group includes students from: Lingnan University in Hong Kong; National Insurance Academy in India; Universidad EAFIT in Colombia; and Peking University in China.
“As business leaders continue to recognize the value of strong risk management and look toward their organizations’ future, building highly-skilled and highly-qualified risk management teams will be a top priority,” said RIMS President Ellen Dunkin. “Through the ABSIP program, RIMS creates opportunities for the next generation of risk leaders to learn, network and explore at the Society’s world-renowned annual conference and our certification.”
“The Spencer Educational Foundation is proud to partner with RIMS to provide this empowering, experiential learning opportunity to risk management and insurance students,” said Spencer’s Executive Director Megan Miller. “These formative experiences for students, where they can interact with practicing risk professionals, strengthens the industry’s talent pipeline and creates a path for rewarding careers in this field. This is the heart of what Spencer aims to do every day.”
This year’s grant recipients include:
- Gabrielle Beauvais, Saint Joseph’s University
- Dexter Bell, Florida State University
- Darren Bloomfield, Butler University
- Nicholas Bosio, University of Hartford
- Yoanny Brito, University of Hartford
- Marco Casanova, St. Mary's University
- Kwan Wai Chan, Lingnan University Hong Kong
- Man Chong, Lingnan University Hong Kong
- Katherine (Katie) Cole, Appalachian State University
- Audrey L. Dunn, University of Georgia
- Mikayla Durham, St. Mary's University
- Lily Van Elderen, University of Mississippi
- Caeden Godfrey, Troy University
- Omar Gonzalez, Appalachian State University
- Elina Goykhman, St. John’s University
- Aditi Iyer, British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Aditi Jain, National Insurance Academy
- Ellei Kay, Indiana State University
- Jonathan B. Lauria, University of Georgia
- Brendan Leibforth, Illinois State University
- Isabella Mandli, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Hannah McGlocklin, Ferris State University
- Elizabeth “Carson” Meek, University of Mississippi
- Emilee Murphy, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Nicholas Myers, Saint Joseph’s University
- Dayal Nikhol, National Insurance Academy
- Kenny Pham, Georgia State University
- Claire Richardson, Butler University
- Emily Selenis, Illinois State University
- Juan Esteban Uribe Tobón, Universidad EAFIT
- Natalie Wagner, University of Calgary
- Xili Wang, University of Southern California
- Judith Wieland, Florida State University
- Jensen Worsley, Missouri State University
- Valerie Xu, University of Southern California
- Teng Zhu, Peking University
Initiated as a pilot program at the 1978 RIMS Annual Conference, the program recognizes exceptional students involved in the study of risk management, and has grown into a differentiating part of the RIMS Annual Conference and Exhibition. The program became known as the Anita Benedetti Student Involvement Program in 1997 to honor Ms. Benedetti's commitment to developing the next generation of risk professionals.
RIMS LIVE 2021
To continue to celebrate innovation in risk management, RIMS has transformed its Annual Conference into the RIMS LIVE 2021 virtual conference experience. The 10-day event scheduled from April 19 – 30 will bring the world’s risk management community together, delivering 175 education sessions, advanced network-building capabilities and game-changing solutions in its digital Marketplace. Launched in 1963, the in-person RIMS Annual Conference normally attracts some 10,000 risk and insurance professionals at all experience levels, business executives with risk management interests, brokers, insurers and service providers. RIMS 2022 Annual Conference will be held in San Francisco. For more information about RIMS LIVE 2021, visit www.RIMS.org/RIMS2021.
RIMS, the risk management society®, is a global not-for-profit committed to advancing the practice of risk management throughout the world. We bring networking, professional development, certification, and education opportunities to our membership of 10,000 risk management professionals in over 60 countries. Founded in 1950, the Society represents more than 3,500 industrial, service, nonprofit, charitable, and government entities throughout the world. To access RIMS Risk Knowledge resource library and for additional information about the Society, visit www.RIMS.org.
About Spencer Educational Foundation
The Spencer Educational Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization funding the education of tomorrow’s risk management and insurance leaders through scholarships, grants, internship opportunities, on and off campus experiential learning, and support of risk management/insurance curricula. Since its founding in 1979, Spencer has awarded over $8 million in scholarships and $5 million in grants to universities and professional institutions affecting more than 60,000 students through programming. For more information, please visit www.spencered.org.
# # #