(NEW YORK) March 2, 2023 – Demonstrating its commitment to the next generation of risk management leaders, RIMS, the risk management society®, presented 20 students with a 2023 Anita Benedetti Student Involvement Program grant (ABSIP). The program, sponsored by The Spencer Foundation and Alliant, recognizes the achievements of outstanding undergraduate and graduate risk management students, providing them with funds for travel expenses, complimentary hotel accommodations and registration to RISKWORLD® 2023 scheduled for April 30 – May 3 in Atlanta.
“It is important that we build a strong pipeline of up-and-coming risk management professionals who possess the skills and leadership to drive organizational resilience,” said RIMS President Jennifer Santiago, RIMS-CRMP, MBA, ARM. “The ABSIP program allows RIMS to support this successful group of new risk professionals. We are thrilled to welcome them to RISKWORLD and introduce them to the amazing RIMS community.”
This year’s ABSIP grant recipients are:
- Simran Baidwan – University of Calgary
- Elizabeth Colpe – Saint Joseph's University
- Rebecca Cox – University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Olivia Faulkner – St. Mary's University
- William Formato – Appalachian State University
- Cameron Gilchrist – University of Calgary
- Sophie Hochfeld – Temple University
- Molly Holcombe – Appalachian State University
- Sofia Holtje – St. John's University
- Zachary Immordino – Ball State University
- Daniel Janssen – Saint Joseph's University
- Emilio de Jesus Ponce Gomez – University of Southern California
- Chase Mendham – Olivet College
- Rylie Mooney – University of North Texas
- Mason Parr – University of North Texas
- Jada Salazar – University of Southern California
- Liam Stros – Missouri State University
- Justin Waller – University of Georgia
- Megan Whitney – Katie School/Illinois State University
- Mitchell Yarger – Olivet College
For all attending students, RISKWORLD will feature a dedicated Student Education Track comprising fundamental risk strategies, trending topics and skill development sessions specifically designed for individuals preparing to begin their risk management careers. Highlighting that track is the Student Speed-Networking Lunch, an opportunity for students to connect with leaders in the field. A separate Rising Risk Professional Education Track provides a selection of learning experiences for those who are new to the profession. RISKWORLD’s full agenda of learning experiences are available here.
Initiated as a pilot program at the 1978 RIMS Annual Conference, the program recognizes exceptional students involved in the study of risk management and has grown into a differentiating part of RISKWORLD®. The program became known as the Anita Benedetti Student Involvement Program in 1997 to honor Ms. Benedetti's commitment to developing the next generation of risk professionals.
Launched in 1963 as RIMS Annual Conference & Exhibition, the annual event attracts some 10,000 risk and insurance professionals at all experience levels, business executives with risk management interests, brokers, insurers and service providers for the ultimate learning and networking experience. The four-day RISKWORLD experience offers more than 150 learning opportunities, keynote presentations, special events, and an expansive Marketplace with hundreds of solutions providers – all with countless opportunities to engage and grow your risk network. RISKWORLD 2023 is scheduled for April 30 – May 3 in Atlanta. RISKWORLD 2024 is in San Diego from May 5-9.
RIMS, the risk management society®️, empowers risk professionals to make the world safer, more secure, and more sustainable. Through networking, professional development, certification, advocacy, and research, RIMS and its 80 chapters serves more than 200,000 risk practitioners and business leaders from over 75 countries. Founded in 1950, the Society publishes the award-winning Risk Management Magazine and produces RISKWORLD®️, the largest annual gathering of global risk professionals. RIMS embraces diversity, equity and inclusion and welcomes all risk professionals to connect and learn, explore the online Risk Knowledge library, tune into the RIMScast podcast series, and engage via LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. To learn more, visit www.RIMS.org.
# # #