Applying Enterprise Risk Management Theory
Learn to accelerate theory into practice by building practical risk competencies across the enterprise - from the front-line to the board level. Discover the steps to design, activate, monitor and improve enterprise risk management practices. Structure a practical ERM framework that creates and protects organizational value while improving efficiencies.
By attending this workshop participants will learn to:
- Identify risks earlier so you spend less time in crisis mode
- Apply best practices used by leading organizations
- Attain senior management commitment to the ERM process
- Create guidelines to manage exposures as an interrelated risk portfolio
- Incorporate ERM into strategic and operational planning, as well as day-to-day activities
- Experience with interactive exercises and case studies
- ERM elevator pitch worksheet
- ERM risk standards and practices governance template
- ERM planning and developing template
- ERM program Self Assessment checklist
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Vice presidents, directors and managers of risk management
- Professionals who are tasked with identifying and/or managing risks, and want to gain a better understanding of ERM approaches.
Select workshops are available for continuing education credits, find out more here.
We suggest that you register on-line for quick registration. If you are mailing us a check or doing a bank transfer, you need to fax us a copy of the registration form in order to hold your seat in the program. Registration is not guaranteed until we receive payment. If you wish to participate in a RIMS course, the registration fee needs to be received by RIMS before the first day of the course.
If you register by mailing a check or doing a bank transfer, you will be accepted as long as the program is not sold out when we receive your payment.
International Attendee Information/Travel Visas- APPLY EARLY! Visa applicants are advised to apply to the consulate as soon as they decide to attend a program. We suggest at least four months in advance to allow enough time for the visa approval process to take place.
Since registrations will be limited, we suggest registering as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact through our online contact form.
Cancellations and Refunds
RIMS reserves the right to cancel a course if conditions warrant. In the event of such a cancellation, registration fees will be refunded. RIMS is not responsible for any travel or lodging expenses that an attendee may incur due to such a cancellation. Before purchasing your airline ticket, please confirm with RIMS (pd@RIMS.org) that there are enough registrations to conduct the program.
All requests for refunds or changes must be submitted in writing. Registrants who cancel 15 business days or less prior to the start of the workshop can send a replacement from their company or receive credit to attend another workshop with the same duration and cost within a year of the cancelled registration. Please note if the member rate was paid for the original registration and you elect to send a replacement or transfer the credit to another employee of your organization who is not a member, an additional fee will be charged to offset the difference between the member and nonmember rate. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 15 days from the start of the workshop.