Creating Value: Risk Manager as Innovator
Are you concerned about corporate performance, or even survival in the economic downturn? Will your risk management program help your organization to remain viable? This course is designed to help you take your risk management program to the next level by facilitating value creation, whether in a private or public sector organization.
Risk Managers—Why Should You Facilitate the Innovation Process?
Many risk managers now have an exciting chance to gain the serious attention of boards and senior executives by connecting the risk management function with the innovation process. But they need a truly structured method to lead multi-disciplinary teams, in all content areas, to find and develop opportunities.
New work-flows, products, market niches, business models, ways to meet client needs and sustain professional values – even ways to transform your industry practice and the community at large: these are all possible and waiting to be developed.
This online course presents methods, tools and case studies to allow your team to conceive changes, incubate ideas, and properly implement innovations. Methods are scalable from departmental pilots upwards.
Who Should Attend
- Chief risk officers and risk managers in public and private sector institutions
- Analysts and program leads responsible for new research and development
- Strategic and program planners who want to inject fresh thinking
- Those charged with revitalizing the risk management program
- Experts in all content areas; all industry sectors (principles are transferable)
What You Will Cover
The program is presented in 5 modules; the course takes 10-15 hours to complete. Each Learning Module consists of an introductory video, a narrated slide presentation, case studies, exercises, answer keys, a wrap-up audio discussion, and templates and resources for you to apply the concepts. Materials are made available in pdf, mp3 and Word formats for downloading. Network with course participants in the online Forum.
- Your Organization's Innovation IQ—strategic identity and organizational capacity for innovation as a core competency
- Personal Creativity And Facilitation—concepts and tools for individual creativity; risk manager’s role as facilitator
- Fixing the Core Business—model for risk and opportunity; innovation targets (including products, services, processes); tools, techniques; 5 distinct levels of benefit
- Next Innovation Wave—coordinating the environmental scan and planning; task environment and sector-industry scan; connecting internal hidden assets to niche opportunities for innovation
- Cutting Implementation Risk—principles of implementation success, drawn from the literature; applied to your innovation program.
How You Will Benefit
- Lead teams across the organization to produce new methods, products, customer and stakeholder service models and gain efficiencies
- Use innovation to help teams develop new income streams
- Go beyond compliance; use innovation to actively support corporate goals
- Refine your professional/industry practice or standard business model
- Become a thought leader in your field; produce wider community changes