Managing IT Risk & Cyber Threats: What Risk Professionals Need to Know
This online course offers fresh perspectives on the risk manager’s role in applying risk methods to the world of information technology (IT) and information management (IM) in organizational settings. Detailed investigation and case studies will allow participants to hone their skills.
There are two key objectives: One is to eliminate language gaps and give you confidence to work with IT peers on systems threats, given today’s fast-changing technology landscape. The second is to know how to read different IM/IT configurations and situations, and assess them for risk. This course continues our mission to provide professional development online courses to risk managers who must think outside of the conventions and take on an enterprise role, both in the public and private sectors.
Who Should Attend
- Chief risk officers, risk management directors, and risk managers
- Analysts and program leads responsible for conducting risk assessment
- Strategic and program planners
- Those charged with establishing or improving the ERM program
- Those charged with information and systems security risk management
How You Will Benefit
Engage successfully as a risk professional with the technology and systems side:
- Prepare for emerging risks
- Integrate IT/IM risk assessment with ERM implementation
- Improve communication and working relationship with the IT department
- Understand the frameworks and core concepts of IT management
- Be able to discuss the role of IT in supporting the business
- Assess the risks of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media
- Create a comprehensive risk management plan
- Test the organization’s resilience
- Craft smart contract terms for cyber insurance
What You Will Cover
The program is presented in 5 modules; the course takes 10-15 hours to complete. Each module consists of: narrated slide presentation with animations, exercise – self-test with answer key, supplementary reading materials and diagrams/template download to help you apply the concepts.
Materials are made available in downloadable and printable pdf format. Network with course participants in the online forum.
Module 1: Collaborative IT Risk Management
Today’s risk managers need to work closely with IT peers and vendors build effective ERM plans. Understand technical concepts and language; bridge communications gaps and achieve a collaborative IT risk management framework. Detailed 45-min. narrated presentation.
Module 2: Cyber Risks
Explore the basic anatomy of cyber risks and threats. Cyber-crime motivation, vulnerabilities across network entry points, exploits, and malware can play havoc with corporate digital assets. Apply structured loss control to manage risks.
Module 3: Internal IT Risks
Insider and operational risks can be as devastating as cyber threats. Understand the ingredients for developing systems-based loss controls. Learn about internal IT risk characteristics, and the building blocks and techniques used to deal with these risks.
Module 4 Information Management Risks
Facebook, Twitter, and other social media blur the lines between business and IT to yield special challenges for risk managers. Learn data loss and data breach management. Supplementary articles provide a deeper dive into data leakage and social media concerns.
Module 5 Cyber Insurance
The process of acquiring technology insurance is unlike shopping for traditional business insurance. Step-by-step process to prepare, solicit and evaluate cyber insurance proposals. Reduce cyber liability and technology insurance needs. Case studies provide insight on cyber insurance from a global perspective.