When you join RIMS, you become a member of an active global community of 79 chapters and more than 10,000 risk management professionals. Whether you’re a beginner or experienced risk professional, local or global, RIMS has a place for you.
Here are some ways you can connect with the RIMS community:
- Events: Make connections at one of RIMS regional conferences, global forums, summits or the Annual Conference & Exhibition where you can meet thousands of risk professionals.
- Chapters: Attend a local chapter event in your area to meet fellow members and network. Who knows? You may gain a new colleague or business partner.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Chapters provide volunteer opportunities where you can work alongside other members to develop events, write articles or offer your knowledge. It’s a great way to develop your leadership skills.
- Opis, The RIMS Information Network: Opis is an exclusive online community that recommends other RIMS members (and content) to you based on your interests and skills. Each local chapter has a discussion group, or “engagement,” that you can join to keep in touch between meetings. You can also create your own engagements and join existing ones to discuss timely risk management/insurance issues.
- Rising Risk Professionals (RRPs): RRPs can connect at RIMS NeXtGen Summit, an event designed exclusively for young professionals in the early- to mid-level stages of their risk/insurance careers. An Opis engagement for Rising Risk Professionals is coming soon.
Explore the RIMS Community by clicking any of the links underneath the “Community” menu.