The California Legislative Delegation invites you to participate in the
8th Annual RIMS on the Mall - California,
putting you front and center for current California legislative issues.
As a participant in RIMS on the Mall - California, you will be an important part of this intensive experience.
You will learn and experience:
ü The keys to effective lobbying
ü Talking points relating to challenges critical to the risk management community
ü Communicating and sharing insights with fellow risk managers
Meetings with State legislators and key staff will give you the chance to represent your Chapter and voice positions on issues important to the risk management community.
Confirmed speakers so far:
- Christine Baker, Director, Department of Industrial Relations (WC/Cal-OSHA updates)
- Mark Rakich and Gideon Baum, Legislative Analysts, Senate/Assembly Insurance Committees
- Katie Fox, Executive Vice President, Franco Signor (Medicare Secondary Payer updates)
- Garen Corbett, California Health Benefits Review Program (Federal and State Health Policy)
- Status of Medical Cannibis regulations
- Risk Management Roundtable of current challenges and issues
|Tuesday, March 21
||Registration begins at 10:00; presentations begin at 11:00. (Lunch provided)|
Sacramento Valley RIMS Networking reception begins at 5:30 (Heavy appetizers provided)
|Wednesday, March 22
||Morning presentation followed by legislative visits.|
(Full breakfast provided)
There is no charge to attend for RIMS members; however, non-RIMS members
will be asked to contribute $50 to cover expenses. All participants are responsible for their own transportation and lodging.