Mastering Risk in Decision Making
Prepare for today’s uncertain and fast-changing environment by learning to test high-stakes decisions. High-stakes decisions are critical to an organization’s sustainable success and are becoming frequent. Enterprise risk managers committed to supporting those decisions and the management of their associated risks need tools to ensure high-stakes decisions in their organizations are thorough and objectively tested.
This workshop introduces participants to the techniques and processes used by the United States intelligence analysts for decades to support the high-stakes decisions made by the government's most senior political and military leaders. Our seasoned faculty show participants the methods that work in practice through interactive, real-world business case studies. They explain purpose and mechanics, as well as demonstrate how best practices in Intelligence Risk Management foster organizational collaboration, transparency, analytic integrity, leverage organizational knowledge and prevent interference from conscious / unconscious biases and internal politics.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Overcome the challenges of information overload, inconclusive data, cognitive biases, organizational influence and intense pressure involved in high-stakes business decisions.
- Structure risk assessments like an intelligence analyst.
- Test assumptions for credibility and reliability.
- Incorporate pre-mortem analyses for gap identification and resource allocation.
- Practice end-to-end structured analytical methods to assess high-stakes strategic business decisions.
- Refine your risk management skills in complex and uncertain situations through interactive scenarios.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Senior risk executives and direct reports
- Senior business executives who need analytical processes for balanced, objective, transparent and repeatable high-stakes decisions
- Business or Risk Analysts
- Board directors responsible for approving or challenging high-stakes business propositions
- Internal Audit executives
- Compliance and Corporate Governance personnel
“It is one of the best workshops I have ever attended. Learning, practicing and presenting the tools, like the structured analytic tools, were incredibly beneficial.” – Acting CRO/ERM Consultant
We suggest that you register on-line for quick registration. If you are mailing us a check or doing a bank transfer, you need to fax us a copy of the registration form in order to hold your seat in the program. Registration is not guaranteed until we receive payment. If you wish to participate in a RIMS course, the registration fee needs to be received by RIMS before the first day of the course.
If you register by mailing a check or doing a bank transfer, you will be accepted as long as the program is not sold out when we receive your payment.
International Attendee Information/Travel Visas- APPLY EARLY! Visa applicants are advised to apply to the consulate as soon as they decide to attend a program. We suggest at least four months in advance to allow enough time for the visa approval process to take place.
Since registrations will be limited, we suggest registering as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact through our online contact form.
Cancellations and Refunds
RIMS reserves the right to cancel a course if conditions warrant. In the event of such a cancellation, registration fees will be refunded. RIMS is not responsible for any travel or lodging expenses that an attendee may incur due to such a cancellation. Before purchasing your airline ticket, please confirm with RIMS (pd@RIMS.org) that there are enough registrations to conduct the program.
All requests for refunds or changes must be submitted in writing. Registrants who cancel 15 business days or less prior to the start of the workshop can send a replacement from their company or receive credit to attend another workshop with the same duration and cost within a year of the cancelled registration. Please note if the member rate was paid for the original registration and you elect to send a replacement or transfer the credit to another employee of your organization who is not a member, an additional fee will be charged to offset the difference between the member and nonmember rate. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 15 days from the start of the workshop.