Integrating Enterprise Risk Management and Strategic Planning
A RIMS Fellow Workshop
Align ERM with organizational strategic goals and objectives, and add value by exploiting the upside of risk.
In this workshop, you will learn the steps to conduct strategic risk and scenario planning to align risk management within your organization’s strategy and take your risk management program to the next level.
How You Will BenefitBy attending this workshop, strategic planners and risk managers will learn to:
- Collaborate on building a risk management program that successfully incorporates strategic goals
- Prioritize external trends based on relevance and uncertainties to ensure proper mitigation strategies are in place
- Monitor outcomes to measure any deviations from objectives, and assess the need for alterations to initial plan
Who Should Attend
Strategic planners, corporate financial planners, risk directors and managers, chief auditors, risk consultants and any profession involved in building or executing strategic plans.
What You Will Cover
- Analyzing your organization’s vision and mission in a strategic context
- Strategic Planning Success Trajectory
- Creating and capturing strategic value using a SWOT analysis
- Risk mapping by ranking external forces by relevance, importance and uncertainties to identify strategic risks
- Identifying key uncertainties to drive scenario development
- Monitoring and measuring success, and assessing alternatives
- Case studies
- Interactive exercises
- Strategic risk questions
- Value creation and value capture statements
- Examples and templates
We suggest that you register on-line for quick registration. If you are mailing us a check or doing a bank transfer, you need to fax us a copy of the registration form in order to hold your seat in the program. Registration is not guaranteed until we receive payment. If you wish to participate in a RIMS course, the registration fee needs to be received by RIMS before the first day of the course.
If you register by mailing a check or doing a bank transfer, you will be accepted as long as the program is not sold out when we receive your payment.
International Attendee Information/Travel Visas- APPLY EARLY! Visa applicants are advised to apply to the consulate as soon as they decide to attend a program. We suggest at least four months in advance to allow enough time for the visa approval process to take place.
Since registrations will be limited, we suggest registering as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact through our online contact form.
Cancellations and Refunds
RIMS reserves the right to cancel a course if conditions warrant. In the event of such a cancellation, registration fees will be refunded. RIMS is not responsible for any travel or lodging expenses that an attendee may incur due to such a cancellation. Before purchasing your airline ticket, please confirm with RIMS (pd@RIMS.org) that there are enough registrations to conduct the program.
All requests for refunds or changes must be submitted in writing. Registrants who cancel 15 business days or less prior to the start of the workshop can send a replacement from their company or receive credit to attend another workshop with the same duration and cost within a year of the cancelled registration. Please note if the member rate was paid for the original registration and you elect to send a replacement or transfer the credit to another employee of your organization who is not a member, an additional fee will be charged to offset the difference between the member and nonmember rate. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 15 days from the start of the workshop.