Harnessing Enterprise Risk Management to Tap Risk Appetite
Anticipate Emerging Risks and Limit Future Shock
A RIMS Fellow Workshop
A clearly articulated risk appetite is the cornerstone of how organizations unleash untapped enterprise value. Incorporating this key concept into your ERM framework can help your organization better manage uncertainty and ultimately succeed.
In this workshop, you will learn how to determine risk appetite and handle emerging risks, with an emphasis on long-term value creation and sustainability.
How You Will BenefitBy attending this workshop, you will:
- Describe ERM's strategic value
- Explain the differences between risk appetite, risk tolerances and thresholds
- Customize and use risk appetite within your organization's ERM framework
- Build an internal risk intelligence network to highlight emerging risks and their impact on strategic and operational plans
- Gain board and executive level buy-in for formalizing the organization’s risk appetite
Who Should Attend
Risk management practitioners with five or more years of experience in implementing ERM, senior leaders and financial / strategic planners involved in incorporating ERM into the organization’s strategic goals to increase overall value.
What You Will Cover
- Defining risk appetite, tolerance and thresholds
- Applying risk appetite techniques to overcome challenges and establish monitoring tools
- Recognizing, rating and monitoring emerging risks in a strategic context
- Building and using collaborative teams and committees to identify information sources, filter emerging risks and articulate value
- Case studies
- Interactive exercises
- Stakeholder risk appetite evaluation matrix
- Risk appetite exercise template
- Risk appetite framework project plan
We suggest that you register on-line for quick registration. If you are mailing us a check or doing a bank transfer, you need to fax us a copy of the registration form in order to hold your seat in the program. Registration is not guaranteed until we receive payment. If you wish to participate in a RIMS course, the registration fee needs to be received by RIMS before the first day of the course.
If you register by mailing a check or doing a bank transfer, you will be accepted as long as the program is not sold out when we receive your payment.
International Attendee Information/Travel Visas- APPLY EARLY! Visa applicants are advised to apply to the consulate as soon as they decide to attend a program. We suggest at least four months in advance to allow enough time for the visa approval process to take place.
Since registrations will be limited, we suggest registering as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact through our online contact form.
Cancellations and Refunds
RIMS reserves the right to cancel a course if conditions warrant. In the event of such a cancellation, registration fees will be refunded. RIMS is not responsible for any travel or lodging expenses that an attendee may incur due to such a cancellation. Before purchasing your airline ticket, please confirm with RIMS (pd@RIMS.org) that there are enough registrations to conduct the program.
All requests for refunds or changes must be submitted in writing. Registrants who cancel 15 business days or less prior to the start of the workshop can send a replacement from their company or receive credit to attend another workshop with the same duration and cost within a year of the cancelled registration. Please note if the member rate was paid for the original registration and you elect to send a replacement or transfer the credit to another employee of your organization who is not a member, an additional fee will be charged to offset the difference between the member and nonmember rate. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 15 days from the start of the workshop.