Enterprise Risk Management
Organizations with a mature Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) strategy benefit by significantly increasing firm value. Making the leap from theory to integrated practices can be challenging.
Our seasoned faculty acquaint participants with practical integrated approaches through interactive case studies, hands-on exercises and an ERM Action Planner to bridge the gap between theory and practice. Attendees network and learn from each other by discussing strategies and challenges within their organizations for implementing and sustaining successful ERM programs.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
By attending, this workshop you will learn to:
- Articulate advantages of integrating ERM for organizational success.
- Assess your organization’s risk management needs and customize a program suitable for its unique challenges.
- Improve organizational decision-making through risk assessment processes, techniques and decision support.
- Prepare your organization to meet regulatory and rating agency requirements, incorporating flexibility for future changes.
- Understand organizational culture, and approaches to ERM implementation.
- Develop an awareness of global risk management standards, frameworks, and processes.
- Integrate ERM within corporate governance, strategic planning, performance management, internal audit, and compliance.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY:
- A written ERM Action Planner that outlines specific questions you need to answer in order to gain commitment, design and implement a sustainable ERM strategy.
- Progressive learning practice within business case studies.
- Examples of risk assessment and treatment, including basic quantitative modeling and risk-based capital allocation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Risk management professionals
- Strategic planning professionals
- Finance professionals
- Audit professionals
- Legal professionals
- Security professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Individuals seeking the RIMS-CRMP certification
“We had great discussions and shared real life examples that helped us develop a successful ERM program, especially learning to avoid certain pitfalls.”– Risk Management Analyst
We suggest that you register on-line for quick registration. If you are mailing us a check or doing a bank transfer, you need to fax us a copy of the registration form in order to hold your seat in the program. Registration is not guaranteed until we receive payment. If you wish to participate in a RIMS course, the registration fee needs to be received by RIMS before the first day of the course.
If you register by mailing a check or doing a bank transfer, you will be accepted as long as the program is not sold out when we receive your payment.
International Attendee Information/Travel Visas- APPLY EARLY! Visa applicants are advised to apply to the consulate as soon as they decide to attend a program. We suggest at least four months in advance to allow enough time for the visa approval process to take place.
Since registrations will be limited, we suggest registering as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact through our online contact form.
Cancellations and Refunds
RIMS reserves the right to cancel a course if conditions warrant. In the event of such a cancellation, registration fees will be refunded. RIMS is not responsible for any travel or lodging expenses that an attendee may incur due to such a cancellation. Before purchasing your airline ticket, please confirm with RIMS (pd@RIMS.org) that there are enough registrations to conduct the program.
All requests for refunds or changes must be submitted in writing. Registrants who cancel 15 business days or less prior to the start of the workshop can send a replacement from their company or receive credit to attend another workshop with the same duration and cost within a year of the cancelled registration. Please note if the member rate was paid for the original registration and you elect to send a replacement or transfer the credit to another employee of your organization who is not a member, an additional fee will be charged to offset the difference between the member and nonmember rate. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 15 days from the start of the workshop.