The Application Period for ABSIP 2016 is Now Open!
Each year, RIMS sponsors a group of outstanding students studying risk and insurance management to attend the RIMS Annual Conference & Exhibition. RIMS provides airfare, hotel expenses, registration, and a small stipend for these students. In 2016, RIMS will sponsor 30 students to attend the RIMS Annual Conference & Exposition in San Diego.
How to Apply
RIMS invites your institution to submit a
maximum of 2 student nominations to participate in our Anita Benedetti
Student Involvement Program. The selection process includes nomination by a department head of a university or college and a review of the nomination and support materials by the RIMS Student Advisory Council.
These nominations and all supporting material are to be sent electronically to ABSIP@RIMS.org by December 4, 2015 by 5:00pm.
2016 ABSIP Application Packet
Application period open until December 4, 2015Student sponsorship includes
Anita Benedetti scholars
will receive mentorship; participate in stimulating conference
sessions, gain valuable career development skills, and network with
members of the SAC (practicing risk professionals), RIMS Board of
Directors, insurers, brokers, and other industry professionals.
- Complimentary conference registration for nominating professor or department head to mentor student(s) at the event
Complimentary conference registration for students
- Hotel accommodations for students (two students to a room)
- Breakfast, lunch, and some evening meals for students and nominating professor or department head mentor
- $600 cash stipend for students to cover travel and incidental expenses
The successful students will be notified on or before January 25, 2016.
Students will make travel arrangements in coordination with RIMS New York office. Arrival will be Saturday, April 9, 2016 and departure Wednesday, April 13, 2016.
Contact Josh Lamangan, Membership Development Manager via email or at (212) 655-5918
History of ABSIP
The RIMS Student Involvement Program was initiated as a
pilot program at the 1987 Annual Conference in New Orleans. Due to the
overwhelming success of this project, a standing committee was created,
and the program has become a permanent part of the RIMS Annual
Conference. In 1997, the name was changed to the Anita Benedetti Student
Involvement Program to honor the late Anita Benedetti, former Deputy
Executive Director of the Risk and Insurance Management Society. Inc.
(RIMS) and President of the Spencer Educational Foundation, Inc.
Congratulations to the 2015 Anita Benedetti Student Involvement Program Scholars!
- Corey Bledsoe, Ferris State University
- Shay Brown, University of Alabama
- Lindsay Bunch, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Alexander Casanova, St. Mary's University
- Mitchell England, University of Mississippi
- Lauren Evans, Florida State University
- Alberto Francese, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Leanne Fuentes, St. Mary's University
- Vincent Galasso, Temple University
- Joshua Hammond, Florida State University
- Sydney Hedberg, University of Mississippi
- Julia Hellman, University of Georgia
- Yancey Hicks, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- A.J. Johnson, University of Georgia
- Linda Liu, St. John's University
- Michael Mansell, University of Wisconsin- Madison
- Andrew Miner, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Rachel Roberts, Indiana State University
- Boris Salvador Maldonado, Appalachian State University
- Tanner Schultz, Illinois State University
- Rachel Sekorski, University of Hartford
- Elizabeth Solomon, New Mexico State University
- James Speaks, Eastern Kentucky University
- Margaret Sutton, University of Wisconsin- Madison
- Bruce Thomas, Appalachian State University
- Malorie Toth, University of North Texas
- Ross Wheeler, University of Central Arkansas
- Blayne White, Olivet College
- Julia White, University of Central Arkansas
- Nate Yanz, Illinois State University