Fundamentals of Insurance
Acquire a solid understanding of commercial insurance as a risk financing tool. This in-depth workshop will cover the insurance transaction, insurance options, liability, re-insurance, captive insurance and more.
Leave with knowledge of commercial insurance that will empower you to assess and optimize your current program, and ensure its alignment with corporate strategy.
To view session-specific information such as venue, area hotels, and instructors, click on one of the location names below. Otherwise, select 'Register Online' to enroll immediately.
How You Will Benefit
By attending this workshop, professionals and risk managers will:
- Mitigate risks by more effectively using insurance as a key risk management tool
- Evaluate current insurance carriers against key ratios set by industry to ensure cost efficiency
- Assess insurance options to determine the appropriate amount of coverage for the organization
- Gain the insight needed and learn best practices to improve insurance programs
Who Should Attend
New risk managers or those looking to refresh their insurance knowledge, claims personnel, loss control professionals, controllers, treasurers, legal counsel and individuals who have added insurance administration to their responsibilities. Employees in all sectors will benefit from this extensive introduction to insurance.
What You Will Cover
- Aligning insurance programs with company strategy
- Definitions of insurance applications and basic insurance
- Financial structure of insurance companies
- Legal principles and contract construction
- Types of policies, including: casualty, property, workers’ compensation, professional liability, transportation, crime and surety bonding
- Case studies
- Interactive exercises
- Insurance coverage analysis worksheet
- Policy summary templates
- Sample policies