Enterprise Risk Management
A RIMS Fellow Workshop
This newly revised workshop is designed for the risk executive who wants to understand the value a successful enterprise risk management (ERM) program can bring to an organization. Case studies, hands on exercises and an ERM Action Planner are used throughout the workshop bridge the gap between ERM theory and practice.
Learn from the experience of your peers as you discuss strategies and challenges for implementing a successful ERM program.
This workshop is based on the Enterprise Risk Management (must be purchased separately) textbook published by the Institutes, which is required reading for the workshop.
Purchase the book: USA | Canada.
Enterprise Risk Management, 1st edition
To view session-specific information such as venue, area hotels, and instructors, click on one of the location names below. Otherwise, select 'Register Online' to enroll immediately.
How You Will Benefit
By attending this workshop, executives and others responsible for developing and implementing ERM will learn to:
- Improve organizational decision-making and the bottom line with the necessary support and resources essential for an ERM program
- Accurately assess your organization’s risk management needs and customize a program suitable for its unique challenges
- Prepare your organization to meet regulatory and rating agency requirements, incorporating flexibility for future changes
- Develop a written ERM Action Planner that outlines the specific questions you need to answer in order to sell, design and implement ERM
- Apply knowledge gained in this workshop towards preparing for the ARM-E and CRM-E designations
Who Should Attend
Executives, directors, and managers in risk management, strategic planning, finance, audit, legal, security, compliance and consultants contracted to implement ERM. Individuals seeking the ARM-E designations (note this is NOT an ARM-E exam preparatory course).
What You Will Cover
- Overview and advantages of ERM
- Foundations of ERM including ERM context, organizational culture, and approaches to ERM implementation
- Common global standards, frameworks, and processes.
- ERM functions including corporate governance, strategic planning, performance management, internal audit, and compliance.
- Detailed review of ERM process including risk assessment and treatment with an emphasis on the basics of quantitative modeling and risk-based capital allocation.
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Comprehensive ERM business case studies.
- Interactive Exercises
- ERM Action Planner
- Case studies
- Sample worksheets and forms
- Group projects
- Enterprise-Risk Management textbook (Purchase the book: USA | Canada)