Please note the following:
- Presenter(s) must agree to all Terms & Conditions for participation at RIMS 2011 Annual Conference & Exhibition
- Proposals must be submitted by Friday, January 7, 2011.
- The following three items must be included in the PSF submission description field:
- Audience: (who will it appeal to; do they need any experience in a certain field?)
- What will the attendee take home from the session:(i.e. a specific risk management tool, firsthand experience in a workshop atmosphere, a new approach or technique that can be adapted to their business.
- Indicate in the submission if you will be using case studies.If there is a white paper on the subject, email it to Speakers@RIMS.org the same day as you make your submission and reference the submission name.
- Complete required fields in all sections. Fields denoted with * are required. You may exit and enter the submission process as many times as needed to edit by visiting www.RIMS.org/MyPresentations, click on Edit.
- Be sure to SAVE your changes on each page before navigating away from the page by clicking UPDATE until you get to step 3 of 3.
- Do NOT use all capital letters. If you do so, your submission will automatically be disqualified.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered for review and will be deleted after Monday, January 10, 2011.
- Receipt of a submission does not guarantee acceptance.
- Only proposals submitted through the online call for presentation website will be accepted for consideration. Proposals submitted in different formats will not be accepted.
- The proposal submitter will serve as the primary contact for RIMS 2011, and must have a valid email address.
- We suggest that you first develop your proposed abstract in a word processing program such as Microsoft Word and then copy and paste the information in the appropriate sections. There is no spell or grammar check function within the online submission process. Copying and pasting will ensure greater accuracy. Description should be 1200 characters.
- If two session proposals are similar in nature and is a required session, the committee will either chose the best session or contact both submitters to work together on combining the sessions.
- IMPORTANT: Since this is an addition to the RIMS 2011 program and the original deadline for submissions was in July, your submission(s) will roll into RIMS 2012. Please make sure you add the letters HT in front of your session title or description.
Unfortunately, the system information is automatic once 2011 closes 2012 opens.
- Upon acceptance, coordinators and speakers must agree to all Terms & Conditions for participation.
- You must provide complete contact information: name, title, company, address, phone and a valid e-mail address.
- The coordinator (person submitting the session) is fully responsible for communicating with their speaker panel regarding acceptance or rejection, deadlines and all other submission details.
- When adding speakers to your submission an email is automatically sent informing the speaker that he/she has been added as a speaker.Please make sure you confirm with the speakers before adding their names to the website. AND alert them that the speaker slot if for the 2011 program even though the letter will say RIMS 2012.
- Speaker names submitted are assumed to have already agreed to speak at the program, should the proposal be accepted.
- For all accepted submissions, RIMS reserves the right to edit title and description for promotional materials (Conference Program, Guide and RIMS website).
- Following proposal acceptance, your session will be assigned to a Conference Programming Committee liaison who will contact you with information regarding session scheduling, coordinator/speaker session guidelines, release form, deadlines etc.
- 90 minute sessions are restricted to a maximum of 3 speakers, 1 of whom must be a Risk manager.
- It is expected that all presenters will adhere to the policies, procedures and deadlines established. This will help ensure that all information is posted and published in a timely manner for our attendees to view, and that all of your session needs are met.
- RIMS 2011 will continue with green initiatives. While we understand the importance of handouts, we ask that you promote and encourage registered attendees to print uploaded handouts in advance.
- For the benefit of our attendees, we require handouts to be posted on the given deadline. For sessions with multiple presenters, a combined or individual handout is acceptable.
- Sessions are audio/video recorded to be made available for those who have conflicting sessions or were unable to attend the conference. RIMS may record any conference session for future use.In consideration of your participation in RIMS 2011 Annual Conference & Exhibition, you agree to grant to the Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. (RIMS), its representatives, employees, agents and assigns, the non-exclusive right to use any work contained within or forming part of your presentation and any written materials you provide. RIMS retains exclusive rights for audio/videotaping the sessions.No other individual may audio/videotape a session without prior written approval of RIMS.
- RIMS events are non-commercial forums. Under no circumstances may a presenter promote a product, service, or anything else representing monetary self-interest. Failure to comply will impact future consideration.
- Presentation times range from 90 to 150 minutes. Presenters should reserve time for questions and answers within the allotted timeframe.
- Speakers agree to allow RIMS to provide their contact information to attendees upon request.
Back to Submission Page