VirtualU Firewall settings for IT managers
The virtualu application has been updated to provide better support for corporate firewalls. There are two ways to apply the necessary setting and both are listed below. The first option is to reinstall the browser. The second option is to change the settings manually.
- Go to www.virtualbeginnings.com/start/rims.php and log in with your avatar name and password.
- On the right hand side you will see download browser as an option. Click on download browser and save the application to your desktop.
- Just under download browser you will see a link for installation instructions. Please view and follow those instructions.
- When the internet connection screen comes up as shown below select behind a firewall or proxy server and click continue. You do not need to fill in any other settings such as Address or Port. Also do not check use password.
- If you are still unable to connect to the virtual world please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make the changes manually
If you do not want to reinstall the application you can follow the steps below to manually make the changes necessary.
- Browse to the folder you installed the application to. By default this is c:\virtualu
- Locate the file called aworld.ini. Right click on this file and open with notepad.
- You should see near the top of the file
- Change the to say
- Save the file and try to launch the virtualu application again using the virtualu shortcut on your desktop.
- 6. If you are still unable to connect to the virtual world please email email@example.com.