RIMS Canada Conference to feature nearly 20 educational sessions, 80+ exhibitors and numerous networking events for the Canadian risk community
The 33rd Annual RIMS Canada Conference will take place on September 21-24 in Toronto. Hosted by RIMS Ontario Chapter this year, the event is slated to attract more than 1,500 risk professionals and industry partners.
Themed "The Exchange: Where Great Ideas Come Together", this year's event boasts some 20 educational sessions, a record-setting 80+ exhibitors and networking events galore. Featured speakers at RIMS Canada Conference include:
- Stephen Lewis, co-director for AIDS Free World and former Canadian Ambassador to the United Nations;
- Robert Kennedy, Jr., Environmental Activist and Attorney, speaking on "Our Environmental Destiny";
- Joanna Makomaski, risk manager at Enbridge Gas Distribution Inc. and co-author of "Enterprise Risk Management for Dummies", speaking on "Finally-ERM Made Easy: ERM for Dummies Has Evolved!";
- Gert Cruywagen, author and group risk manager at Sappi Limited, speaking on "Jungle Risk Management-Risk Lessons from the African Bush";
- and Dr. Ann Cavoukian, commissioner of Ontario's Office of Information and Privacy, speaking on "Minimize Risk-Maximize Protection and Gain, A Competitive Advantage: Privacy is Good for Business".
Attendees are also invited to race their peers to the finish line at the fifth annual McGannon Foundation 5K Fun Run / Walk, jointly sponsored by RIMS Canada Council and FM Global. Proceeds from the event will benefit the William H. McGannon Foundation, dedicated to providing resources and grants to advance risk management in Canada. Other networking events include an opening reception, Black and White Gala, Exhibitor Champagne Reception and Exhibit Hall coffee breaks and luncheons. Online registration ends September 12. Complete details on RIMS Canada Conference are available at http://conference.RIMScanada.org.
REMINDER: Online Registration for RIMS Western Regional Conference Ends August 22!
Online registration ends August 22 for RIMS Western Regional Conference on September 2-5 in San Francisco. Hosted by RIMS Golden Gate Chapter this year, the popular event features panel sessions comprised of risk managers and industry experts in order to provide a multi-faceted perspective on the issues. Topics include "The Changing Landscape of D&O Liability Insurance: Are you Prepared?"; "Catastrophic Risk Management-Going Beyond Insurance"; "The Ten Worst Mistakes on Property and Business Interruption Claims"; and "Fundamentals of a Successful TPA Claims Service Partnership". Complete details on RIMS Western Regional Conference are available at www.RIMS.org/wrc.