November 9, 2011 (NEW YORK) RIMS (the Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc.) and Chartis are seeking nominees for the 2012 Risk Management Hall of Fame.
Founded in 2011, the Risk Management Hall of Fame (RMHF) is a shared venture between RIMS and Chartis. The honor was established to maintain the history and tradition of the field of risk management, and serves as a means to recognize and commemorate those professionals who have made significant contributions to advancing the discipline.
Nominees will be considered among risk management professionals around the globe. Criteria considered by the Selection Committee for membership in the RMHF will include considerable contributions to the field; prominent achievements, innovation and trend setting; demonstrated leadership, character and service; and the highest caliber of ethical and professional conduct.
- Have been a member of the Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. for at least 10 years.
- Have been retired as a practicing risk manager at least three years prior to nomination, or if still active in the risk management and/or insurance industry, upon reaching 65 years of age. In the event that an active risk manager dies and otherwise meets the criteria, they will be qualified for consideration one year after their death.
- Have made significant contributions to risk management, enterprise risk management and/or strategic risk management at the state, provincial, national and/or international levels.
- Have demonstrated significant achievements, innovation and trend setting in risk management, enterprise risk management and/or strategic risk management.
- Have demonstrated leadership, character and service by sharing his/her expertise and have an inspirational effect on others.
- Have been well known in the risk management, enterprise risk management, strategic risk management or insurance industry and recognized as an industry leader by their peers.
- Have practiced the highest caliber of professional conduct in order to enhance the public image of him/herself and the risk management community.
The deadline for nominations is December 31, 2011. The nomination form is available on the RMHF website www.riskhalloffame.org. Completed submissions should be sent via email to RMHOF@chartisinsurance.com.
The RMHF is governed by the RMHF Selection Committee and all Committee decisions are final.
Last year’s inductees were: Douglas Barlow; Donald Barrett; Eldrich A. Carr, Jr.; Cheri J. Hawkins, CPA; and John Pinner.