NEW YORK (July 23, 2012) – RIMS (The Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc.) announced today its new “Each One. Reach One.” membership recruitment program that rewards existing members for encouraging their risk practicing colleagues to join RIMS.
“RIMS’ members are the Society’s greatest asset,” said RIMS Director of Membership & Chapter Services Jill Levy. “Each new member brings a new perspective, new experiences and new ideas that have a direct impact on our professional development offerings, our conferences and conference sessions, as well as the thought leadership pieces we develop throughout the year.”
RIMS will reward participating members who successful refer a new Corporate, Deputy or Associate member with a $25 Amazon Gift Card. Individuals referred to RIMS must be new members. They cannot be existing members who are renewing their membership or have been a member of RIMS within the past two years. New members must join between July 23, 2012 and September 7, 2012. One gift per current member, despite the number of new members referred.
Tips to recruit new members:
· Invite a prospective member to attend a local chapter meeting with you and experience first-hand the professional benefits of RIMS membership.
· Start a discussion about RIMS membership, emphasizing the benefits and value – be sure to provide a brochure and/or application information.
· Share RIMS LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter social networks with your prospective member.
· Publish an article in your company’s publications or blog explaining how RIMS helped you.
· Coordinate a RIMS Professional Development session at your place of employment.
For more information, visit www.RIMS.org or contact RIMS Marketing Manager Bryant Farmer by e-mail at bfarmer@RIMS.org.