JOHN PHELPS NAMED 2013 PRESIDENT OF RIMS
Society Introduces 2013 Officers & Board of Directors
NEW YORK (January 2, 2013) — RIMS, the risk management society, today announced that John Phelps, ARM, CPCU, CBCP will lead the Society as president for the 2013 term, effective January 1.
Mr. Phelps is the Director of Business Risk Solutions for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc. He has been a member of RIMS for almost 33 years and on its Board of Directors for nine years. Previously, Mr. Phelps served as vice president and board liaison to the Society’s External Affairs Committee and RIMS Canada Council. He is a member of RIMS Northeast Florida Chapter where he served as president in 1997.
“For far too long, the mention of ‘risk’ has struck fear in board rooms around the world,” said Phelps. “As President of RIMS I want to focus on the resources and services that will better equip our members to demonstrate how a more comprehensive understanding of risk can help straighten the path for an organization’s success and exploit the opportunities risk offers every company. I sincerely look forward to the year ahead and to helping our members advance their organization’s risk management capabilities in all business disciplines.”
Phelps added, “The future of the profession is also a priority for my presidency. We, at RIMS, are determined to remain the ‘go-to’ resource for all risk practitioners, helping them to better define future risks, connecting them with the latest technologies and service providers and, most importantly, delivering opportunities for the next generation of risk professionals to develop and excel within the industry.”
Officers on RIMS 2012 Board of Directors:
- President: John R. Phelps, ARM, CPCU; Director, Business Risk Solutions, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.;
- Vice President: Dan H. Kugler, ARM, CEBS, CPCU, ACI; Assistant Treasurer, Risk Management, Snap-On Inc.;
- Treasurer: Nowell R. Seaman, CIP, CRM; Manager, Risk Management & Insurance Services, University of Saskatchewan;
- Corporate Secretary: Carolyn M. Snow, CPCU; Director, Risk Management, Humana Inc.
New Board Members:
- Gordon Adams, Chief Risk Officers, Tri-Marine International, Inc.
- Grace M. Crickette, ARM, SPHR, CCSA, CSHM; Chief Risk Officer, University California
Incumbent Board Members:
- Robert Cartwright Jr., CRM; Loss Prevention Manager, Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC;
- Al Gorski, Chief Risk Officer, Orange County Transportation Authority;
- Kim Hunton, MPA, FCIP, RF; Corporate Risk Manager, City of Ottawa;
- Leslie Lamb, Global Risk Manager, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Deborah M. Luthi, ARM; Enterprise Risk Manager, San Francisco Public Utilities Commission; (Ex-Officio);
- Julie C. Pemberton, ARM; Director, Enterprise Risk and Insurance Management, Coinstar;
- Michael D. Phillipus, ARM; Director, Insurance and Risk Management, ATP Oil & Gas Corporation;
- Richard J. Roberts, Jr., ALCM, ARM, CPCU, RF; Corporate Risk Manager, Ensign-Bickford Industries, Inc.;
- Frederick J. Savage, FCII, ARM; Director, Risk Management (San Ramon), Chevron Corporation;
- Lori Seidenberg, ARM, RF; Senior Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management, Centerline Capital Group.
For more information about RIMS leadership, visit www.RIMS.org.