NEW YORK (October 1, 2012) – Brian Thelen, General Auditor and Chief Risk Officer of General Motors, and Joe Ghammashi, Senior Vice President and Chief Risk Officer for Corporate One Federal Credit Union, will join the already outstanding lineup of risk management leaders at the RIMS Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Conference 2012 scheduled for October 29th – 30th in San Antonio. The two-day conference explores a broad risk spectrum that professionals are tackling, best practices for creating value through an interrelated risk portfolio, as well as strategies for communicating that value to senior leadership.
The conference will also feature keynote speaker Robert Stevenson, author of the best-selling book 52 Essential Habits for Success, who will share lessons learned from his adventures as a CEO. His "How the Best Get Better" keynote address will offer tips to help attendees be successful, beat their competition and remain highly competitive in the marketplace.
You Asked For It
The conference’s “You Asked For It” sessions gave attending risk professionals the opportunity to suggest topics they felt were most relevant for their ERM success. The suggestions were tallied and this year’s three “You Asked For It” sessions are:
· The Evolving Role of the Risk Professional -- Changing roles and responsibilities demand that risk practitioners view risk in an entirely differently: a way that crosses silos, builds internal alliances, exhibits flexibility, expands to include emerging and dynamic risks, and enhances the strategic decision-making. Presented by Leo Costantino, Risk Management Inspector General, County of Los Angeles and Carol Fox, Director of Strategic and Risk Practices, RIMS.
· Integrating ERM into Major Business Initiatives at the University of California -- Learn how ERM is enabling the project team at the University of California to meet its objectives in overhauling the University of California's system-wide payroll and human resource systems, while delivering a quality result that serves the university effectively. Get UC's project-specific ERM tools and methodologies, while hearing about its challenges and successes in integrating ERM into a major initiative. Presented by Grace Crickette, Chief Risk Officer, University of California and Tim J. Carson, Managing Consultant, IBM.
· Leadership Lessons in Strategic Risk Management -- Discover how a $50 billion global chemicals company uses strategic risk management to improve risk management, strategic planning and business execution. Use these leadership lessons to overcome the challenges your organization may face in managing near-term and emerging risks to strategy execution. Presented by Bud Hallinan, General Auditor and former Vice President-Risk Management, LyondellBasell and Laurie Champion, Managing Director, Aon Risk Solutions.
Other key issues that will be discussed at the conference include:
· Unlocking Risk with Key Risk Indicators
· Integrating Risk Appetite and Risk Management
* Practical ERM Tools to Support Your Growing Program
The number of conference attendees is limited by design. For more information about the program or to register, visit www.RIMS.org/ERM2012. The deadline to register is October 12, 2012.