Society Introduces 2014 Officers & Board of Directors
NEW YORK (January 2, 2014) — RIMS, the risk management society™, today announced that Carolyn M. Snow, CPCU will lead the Society as president for the 2014 term, effective January 1.
Ms. Snow is the Director of Risk Management for Humana Inc. She has been a member of RIMS for 14 years and on its Board of Directors for seven years. Previously, Ms. Snow served as the society’s Treasurer, Secretary and Director of External Affairs. She is a member of RIMS Kentuckiana/Bluegrass Chapter.
“Risk management has arrived,” said Ms. Snow. “Business leaders around the world realize that this business function can do more than just protect assets. Risk practitioners are being called on to identify and create value for their organizations and, now, have a tremendous opportunity to contribute to their companies’ strategic direction.”
Snow continued, “But, it’s not enough to just acknowledge the evolution of risk management. With an emphasis on resources that support tomorrow’s leaders, the Society’s global initiatives and that draw from our membership’s vast knowledge and expertise, RIMS will provide our global network of risk practitioners with a clear vision of the future of the profession to better equip them to advance their risk programs through 2020 and beyond.”
Officers on RIMS 2014 Board of Directors:
- President: Carolyn M. Snow, CPCU; Director, Risk Management, Humana Inc.;
- Vice President: Richard J. Roberts, Jr., RF, ALCM, ARM, ARME, CPCU; Corporate Risk Manager, Ensign-Bickford Industries, Inc.;
- Treasurer: Julie C. Pemberton, ARM; Director, Enterprise Risk and Insurance Management, Outerwall Inc.;
- Corporate Secretary: Nowell R. Seaman, CIP, CRM; Director Global Risk Management, Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc.
New Board Members:
- Gloria Brosius, Director, Risk Management and Insurance Programs, Farm Credit Council Services, Inc.;
- Steve Pottle, Director, Risk Management Services, York University;
- Jennifer Santiago, ARM; Director of Insurance, Novartis Corporation;
- Janet Stein, Director, Risk Management & Insurance, University of Calgary.
Incumbent Board Members:
- Gordon Adams, Chief Risk Officer, Tri-Marine International, Inc.;
- Robert Cartwright, Jr., CRM; Safety and Health Manager, Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC;
- Al Gorski, Chief Risk Officer, Orange County Transportation Authority;
- Leslie Lamb, Director, Global Risk Management, Cisco Systems, Inc.;
- John R. Phelps, ARM, CBCP, CPCU; Director, Business Risk Solutions, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc. (Ex-Officio);
- Michael D. Phillipus, ARM; Director, Property Insurance Risk Management, Occidental Petroleum Corporation;
- Frederick J. Savage, FCII, ARM; Director, Risk Management (San Ramon), Chevron Corporation;
- Lori Seidenberg, RF, ARM; Senior Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management, Centerline Capital Group.
For more information about RIMS leadership, visit www.RIMS.org.