RIMS Standards and Practices Committee will enable the Society to increase its profile in the standards and practices arena and make it the primary resource in shaping and developing global risk management standards. Initial tasks of the committee include educating risk managers and organizations on various risk management standards, including ISO 31000 and Guide 73. The committee will also work with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security on voluntary preparedness and business continuity.
Wayne L. Salen, ARM, CHCM, CPSM, member of RIMS board of directors and director of risk management at Labor Finders International, Inc., serves as the first board liaison for the committee. The committee is chaired by Carol A. Fox, ARM, past chair of RIMS ERM Development Committee and senior director of risk management at Convergys Corporation. The vice chair of the Standards and Practices Committee is Manus C. O'Donnell, ARM, CPCU, administrative vice president and director of corporate insurance and risk at M&T Bank. Other members include:
- Susan T. Barry, ARM, CPEA, PG, director of risk management at DRS Technologies, Inc.
- Sandra J. Bodensteiner, ARM, claims manager at the City of St. Paul, Minn.
- Kristen Drobnis, CBCP, CSOX, PMP, senior vice president of risk management at MassDevelopment
- Lois A. Gardiner, CMA, FCIP, FRM, director of risk management at Canadian Pacific Railway
- Yvette Ho Sang, ARM, risk management analyst at the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE)
- Paul B. Piazza, risk manager at Honeywell International Inc.
- Nathan Bacchus, RIMS state and regulatory affairs associate