Be a part
of the leading edge in risk management for India. If you are interested in leading a session at
the inaugural RIMS Risk Forum
2018 India, taking place in Mumbai on November 13-14, we would
love to hear from you. The RIMS Risk Forum India is where the local community
of Indian risk professionals will come together to cultivate relationships,
advance their learning, and discover new opportunities.
are looking for exceptional applications for our education sessions. As a
speaker, you’ll inspire others and facilitate conversations about innovative
best practices in risk management. Our event is open to a diverse array of risk management topics: insurance management, enterprise risk management, strategy, financial, physical security, and cyber—just to name a few—are all welcome.
submissions will address the latest issues facing risk practitioners in India, as well
as provide concrete takeaways for our audience. Sessions that are
delivered by an experienced risk management leader will be given
Please send a description of your session topic and an
outline in a one-page Word document or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org (maximum file size of 3MB, please).
Required information for each submission includes:
- Proposed title for the session
- Brief (500 word maximum) description of the
session’s content and goals
- A short outline of the session
- A list of learning objective/takeaways for the audience
- Names and titles of speakers
- For lecture-style presentations, a maximum of two speakers.
- For panel-style presentations, a moderator is required along with a maximum of three panelists.
Tips for Success, and Additional Information:
- Be timely and relevant. Sessions that address risk
management issues that are “in the headlines” will have an advantage.
- Follow the guidelines above. If your submission doesn’t
fit with the submission guidelines it will be rejected.
- Session will be 60 minutes in length (approximately 50 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes of questions and answers).
The deadline for submissions is August 21, 2018.
expects sessions to be educational and to advance the discipline of risk management. Sales-pitches will not be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions for Call for Proposals
Who will review my proposal?
- The RIMS Content Team, an internal RIMS task force comprised of risk management content specialists, will review the proposals based on merit alone.
What criteria will be used to review my proposal?
- Current or emerging risk management issues that impact the greatest number of Indian risk professionals will have the best chances, as will the proposals that include practicing risk professionals as speakers (as opposed to consultants). Please see the information above for full detail.
How will I know if my proposal has been accepted?
- The RIMS Content Team will contact you within a month after the deadline to inform you of the status of your submission.
What happens after my proposal is accepted?
- If your session is accepted, you will then be put in touch with the RIMS event manager, who will share the logistics of the event, provide Powerpoint templates, and request all information for the website, program, mobile app, and registration.
If my proposal is accepted, what are the responsibilities of approved session speakers?
- To deliver high-quality risk management educational content as described in the proposal. The speaker(s) will need to sign speaker agreements with RIMS, provide a recent headshot and biography, and deliver PowerPoint and handout materials by the deadlines assigned by the event manager.
Are travel discounts available for speakers?
- All RIMS Risk Forum speakers will receive complimentary full conference registrations. Speakers will be responsible for their own travel expenses. RIMS will coordinate discounted hotel and airline rates, which will be provided to all attendees when registration launches in August.