Please note the following:
Presenter(s) must agree to all Terms & Conditions for participation at RIMS 2013 Annual Conference & Exhibition.
- Proposals must be submitted by Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 11:59PM (EST).
- The following three items must be included in the PSF submission description field:
- Topic: (Be specific and define the scope)
- Audience: (who will it appeal to; do they need any experience in a certain field?)
- What will the attendee take home from the session:(i.e. a specific risk management tool, firsthand experience in a workshop atmosphere, a new approach or technique that can be adapted to their business.
- An email is automatically sent informing the speaker that he/she has been added as a speaker. Please make sure you confirm with the speakers before adding their names to the website.
- When adding speakers to your submission you must provide complete contact information: name, title, company, address, phone and a valid e-mail address.
- Indicate in the submission if you will be using case studies and upload any articles or white paper on the subject.
- Complete required fields in all sections. Fields denoted with * are required. You may exit and enter the submission process as many times as needed.
- We suggest that you first develop your proposed abstract in a word processing program such as Microsoft Word and then copy and paste the information in the appropriate sections. Description should be 1000 characters.
- Be sure to SAVE your changes.
- Do NOT use all capital letters. If you do so, your submission will automatically be disqualified
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered for review and will be deleted after July 25. Receipt of a submission does not guarantee acceptance.
- Only proposals submitted through the online call for presentation website will be accepted for consideration. Proposals submitted in different formats will not be accepted
- The proposal submitter will serve as the primary contact for RIMS 2013, and must have a valid email address.
- The coordinator (person submitting the session) is fully responsible for communicating with their speaker panel regarding acceptance or rejection, deadlines and all other submission details.
- If two session proposals are similar in nature and the topic is a valued session, the committee will either chose the best session or contact both submitters to work together on combining the sessions.
- For all accepted submissions, RIMS reserves the right to edit title and description for promotional materials (Conference Program, Guide and RIMS website).
- Following proposal acceptance, your session will be assigned to a Conference Programming Committee liaison who will contact you with information regarding session scheduling, coordinator/speaker session guidelines, release form, deadlines etc.
- Presenters should reserve time for questions and answers within the allotted time frame.
- It is expected that all presenters will adhere to the policies, procedures and deadlines established. This will help ensure that all information is posted and published in a timely manner for our attendees to view, and that all of your session needs are met.
- Speakers agree to allow RIMS to provide their contact information to attendees upon request.
- RIMS 2013 will continue with its green initiatives. While we understand the importance of handouts, we ask that you promote and encourage registered attendees to print uploaded handouts in advance.
- For the benefit of our attendees, we require handouts to be posted on the given deadline. For sessions with multiple presenters, a combined or individual handout is acceptable.
- Sessions are audio/video recorded to be made available for those who have conflicting sessions or are unable to attend the conference. RIMS may record any conference session for future use. In consideration of your participation in RIMS 2013 Annual Conference & Exhibition, you agree to grant to the Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. (RIMS), its representatives, employees, agents and assigns, the non-exclusive right to use any work contained within or forming part of your presentation and any written materials you provide. RIMS retains exclusive rights for audio/videotaping the sessions. No other individual may audio/videotape a session without prior written approval of RIMS.
- RIMS events are non-commercial forums. Under no circumstances may a presenter promote a product, service, or anything else representing monetary self-interest. Failure to comply will impact future consideration
BACK TO MAIN PROGRAM SUGGESTION PAGE