Deadline: Tuesday, January 29
Imagine yourself leading an interactive discussion that could shape the future of risk management. Imagine the exposure you would receive as a presenter at the world's largest gathering of risk professionals. Sound interesting? We invite you to submit Hot Topics for RIMS `13 program.
You now have the unique opportunity to submit a Hot Topic session that presents the latest issues affecting the risk management industry. These “stand-out” sessions should address newly emerging topics that all risk and insurance personnel face. These topics generally cannot be learned on the job or in a classroom. Your submission should include strategies for attendees and may include interactive components, your personal experiences and case studies.
- Mass Violence and Security - Workplace/School/Mall.
- Hurricane Sandy - Lessons learned, success stories, anything that worked
and did not.
- State of the Economy
To be Considered:
Hot Topics are scheduled for 75 minutes with a maximum of (3) speakers inclusive a Risk Manager on the panel. Also only (1) representative from a company including subsidiaries is permitted.
The following three items must be included in the PSF submission description field:
- Topic: Be specific and define the scope.
- Audience: who will it appeal to. Does they targeted audience require experience in a certain field in order to attend?
- What will the attendee primarily take home or learn from the session: for example, a specific risk management tool; firsthand experience in a workshop atmosphere; a new approach or technique that can be adapted to their business.
Proposed topics should be geared to one of the following categories:
Enterprise Risk Management
Strategic Risk Management (NEW!)
Please note that the promotion or endorsement of particular products or companies is strictly prohibited.
We thank you for your submission(s). All session topics are reviewed by the RIMS Conference Programming Committee. Their decisions are based exclusively on relevance to RIMS conference attendees. No preferential treatment will be given to any session applicant, regardless of their status as an exhibiting and/or sponsoring organization.
If you have any questions contact Speakers@RIMS.org