Test Window Registration links
To register for the CRMe Exam, click the link below. YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO PURCHASE THIS ITEM. If you get an error message, please log-in and try again. If you still experience difficulties after logging in contact CRM@rims.org.
Canadian Enterprise Risk Management Exam
Prerequisites for taking the Canadian Risk Management Exam
Applicants need to:
Cost of Exam
(Please note: Those re-taking the exam will be charged an additional $200 fee to re-take the exam)
- The exam is 105 minutes in length
- You will be given a window of seven days to access the exam on line for a single uninterrupted 105 minute period
- It consists of 60 multiple choice questions, followed by four short answer questions
- The exam is worth 100 points total. A score of 70 points or higher is required in order to pass
- The Exam may be taken repeatedly if you fail the first time.
Accessing the Exam
Once you have registered for the exam, you will receive login information. This is a one-time use account. Once you access the test, you will have 105 minutes to complete. Once started, you may not pause and return to the exam.
Please note: The exam must be completed in a single sitting. You will be unable to access the exam a second time to complete a section left blank.
When you have completed the exam, your answers will be sent automatically to RIMS for review. Results will be mailed to you within 90 days.
Those who pass the exam will be awarded the CRM-e designation provided that:
- You already hold the CRM designation, and
- Your GRMI membership is current and maintained
Those who pass the exam but do not currently hold the CRM designation; will receive a certificate indicating that you have passed the Canadian Enterprise Risk Management Exam. If you complete your CRM designation at a later date, you can use that certificate to attain your CRM-E at that time.
If you do not pass the exam, you may take it again and can do so by registering at the RIMS website and following the instructions posted above.