Mergers and Acquisitions and Risk Management
A RIMS Fellow Workshop
Mergers and acquisitions activities pose multi-faceted challenges for risk managers. Risk managers are increasingly involved in M & A transactions, and asked to provide pre-deal advice, deal-closing strategies and post-closing actions to create lasting shareholder value.
Understanding the risks associated with each aspect of an M & A transaction is critical to successful risk management. This workshop will address due diligence, all aspects of insurance, pitfalls to avoid and provides checklists and other tools to help you better mitigate the risks associated with M & A.
There are currently no sessions available. Contact us
to request a session.
How You Will Benefit
By attending this workshop, professionals and risk managers will mitigate risks and prevent financial loss by:
- Identifying the key risks associated with each type of M & A transaction
- Negotiating appropriate transaction structure and agreement language
- Assessing insurance-related products to ensure appropriate coverage
- Recognizing, and preparing for, the potential impact a transaction will have on existing infrastructures
- Creating a financial model to identify cost savings, assess new opportunities and align transactions with strategic goals
Who Should Attend
Risk managers, treasurers, general counsel or anyone responsible for, or involved in, M & A activities.
What You Will Cover
- Stock purchases, assets and liabilities
- Developing a financial model and methods for measuring success
- M & A-related provisions in insurance policies, transaction structure and post-closing rights
- Due diligence and negotiation of the transaction
- Checklists, post-close issues and performance improvement ideas
- Practical solutions for different types of challenges and pitfalls
- Case studies
- Interactive exercises
- Group projects
- Sample worksheets and templates