Integrating Enterprise Risk Management and Strategic Planning
A RIMS Fellow Workshop
Align ERM with organizational strategic goals and objectives, and add value by exploiting the upside of risk.
In this workshop, you will learn the steps to conduct strategic risk and scenario planning to align risk management within your organization’s strategy and take your risk management program to the next level.
To view session-specific information such as venue, area hotels, and instructors, click on one of the location names below. Otherwise, select 'Register Online' to enroll immediately.
How You Will Benefit
By attending this workshop, strategic planners and risk managers will learn to:
- Collaborate on building a risk management program that successfully incorporates strategic goals
- Prioritize external trends based on relevance and uncertainties to ensure proper mitigation strategies are in place
- Monitor outcomes to measure any deviations from objectives, and assess the need for alterations to initial plan
Who Should Attend
Strategic planners, corporate financial planners, risk directors and managers, chief auditors, risk consultants and any profession involved in building or executing strategic plans.
What You Will Cover
- Analyzing your organization’s vision and mission in a strategic context
- Strategic Planning Success Trajectory
- Creating and capturing strategic value using a SWOT analysis
- Risk mapping by ranking external forces by relevance, importance and uncertainties to identify strategic risks
- Identifying key uncertainties to drive scenario development
- Monitoring and measuring success, and assessing alternatives
- Interactive Exercises
- Case studies
- Strategic risk questions
- Value creation and value capture statements
- Examples and templates