Harnessing Enterprise Risk Management to Tap Risk Appetite
Anticipate Emerging Risks and Limit Future Shock
A RIMS Fellow Workshop
A clearly articulated risk appetite is the cornerstone of how organizations unleash untapped enterprise value. Incorporating this key concept into your ERM framework can help your organization better manage uncertainty and ultimately succeed.
In this workshop, you will learn how to determine risk appetite and handle emerging risks, with an emphasis on long-term value creation and sustainability.
To view session-specific information such as venue, area hotels, and instructors, click on one of the location names below. Otherwise, select 'Register Online' to enroll immediately.
How You Will Benefit
By attending this workshop, you will learn to:
- Describe ERM's strategic value
- Explain the differences between risk appetite, risk tolerances and thresholds
- Customize and use risk appetite within your organization's ERM framework
- Build an internal risk intelligence network to highlight emerging risks and their impact on strategic and operational plans
- Gain board and executive level buy-in for formalizing the organization’s risk appetite
Who Should Attend
Risk management practitioners with five or more years of experience in implementing ERM, senior leaders and financial / strategic planners involved in incorporating ERM into the organization’s strategic goals to increase overall value.
What You Will Cover
- Defining risk appetite, tolerance and thresholds
- Applying risk appetite techniques to overcome challenges and establish monitoring tools
- Recognizing, rating and monitoring emerging risks in a strategic context
- Building and using collaborative teams and committees to identify information sources, filter emerging risks and articulate value
- Case studies
- Interactive exercises
- Stakeholder risk appetite evaluation matrix
- Risk appetite exercise template
- Risk appetite framework project plan