Enterprise-Wide Risk Management: Developing and Implementing
A RIMS Fellow Workshop
Acquire an understanding of the ERM process, as well as ERM strategies and tools in building an ERM development plan through case studies, check-lists and hands-on exercises in each of the ERM process steps.
Designed for the risk executive who wants to understand both the theory and application of ERM in benefitting an organization, and as an overview for those seeking the ARM-E and CRM-E professional designations, this graduate level program integrates concepts of finance, strategy, economics and culture into the development and implementation of a successful ERM program.
This workshop is based on the Enterprise-wide Risk Management: Developing and Implementing (must be purchased separately) textbook published by the Institutes, which is required reading for the workshop.
Purchase the book: USA | Canada.
To view session-specific information such as venue, area hotels, and instructors, click on one of the location names below. Otherwise, select 'Register Online' to enroll immediately.
How You Will Benefit
By attending this workshop, executives and others responsible for developing and implementing ERM will learn to:
- Improve organizational decision-making and the bottom line with the necessary support and resources essential for an ERM program
- Accurately assess your organization’s risk management needs and customize a program suitable for its unique challenges
- Prepare your organization to meet regulatory and rating agency requirements, incorporating flexibility for future changes
- Develop a written ERM Action Planner that outlines the specific questions you need to answer in order to sell, design and implement ERM
- Apply knowledge gained in this workshop towards preparing for the ARM-E and CRM-E designations
Who Should Attend
Executives, directors, and managers in risk management, strategic planning, finance, audit, legal, security, compliance and consultants contracted to implement ERM. Individuals seeking the ARM-E designations (note this is NOT an ARM-E exam preparatory course).
What You Will Cover
- Overview and advantages of ERM
- Establish internal and external contexts of risk culture, and sustainable development of ERM and strategic planning
- Identify, analyze and evaluate risk using exposure analysis and uncertainty modeling
- Select and implement appropriate risk management techniques, i.e. mitigation, crisis communication, risk financing and alternative risk transfer options
- Monitor results and review plan to ensure corporate governance and compliance
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Comprehensive ERM business case study
- Interactive Exercises
- ERM Action Planner
- Case studies
- Sample worksheets and forms
- Group projects
- Enterprise-wide Risk Management: Developing and Implementing textbook (Purchase the book: USA | Canada)