Contractual Risk Transfer
A RIMS Fellow Workshop
This workshop will address commercial contracts and insurance policies as risk transfer vehicles relating to commercial insurance, insured agreements, indemnity agreements and captive insurance.
You’ll learn the skills needed to understand and draft a contract that effectively transfers risk while reducing your company’s exposure to loss.
To view session-specific information such as venue, area hotels, and instructors, click on one of the location names below. Otherwise, select 'Register Online' to enroll immediately.
How You Will Benefit
By attending this workshop, risk managers and other professionals will learn to:
- Spot red flags when reviewing contracts to identify risk transfers between parties
- Draft a basic indemnity agreement that maximizes enforceability
- Apply alternative contract language to ensure appropriate risk transfer
- Effectively document claims to minimize loss exposure
- Develop and use subrogation strategies as a successful means of recovering loss
Who Should Attend
Professionals responsible for contract review, drafting or negotiation, and risk managers involved with commercial contracts and insurance policies.
What You Will Cover
- Appropriate risks to transfer and when to transfer them
- Contract basics: types, terms and provisions
- Drafting, reviewing and enforcing indemnity agreements
- Advantages and disadvantages of being named as an additional insured
- Strategies for loss control: subrogation, limitations of liability and overlap between contracts and insurance coverage
- Case studies
- Interactive exercises
- Group projects
- Sample worksheets and templates