Cyber Risk & Liability: Privacy & Data Security Risk Management
A RIMS Fellow Workshop
More than ever, it's critical that you protect your organization from cyber risks, financial loss, regulatory sanctions and reputational damage.
This workshop offers the tools to understand the issues, implement a compliance plan, ensure data privacy and mitigate damages should a breach occur. It will include relevant material covering US, Canadian and International perspectives.
To view session-specific information such as venue, area hotels, and instructors, click on one of the location names below. Otherwise, select 'Register Online' to enroll immediately.
How You Will Benefit
By attending this workshop, risk professionals will:
- Better recognize threats to protect against fraud, theft and negligence
- Understand the severity of identity theft and data breaches to properly safeguard the organization
- Minimize reputational damage by properly assessing and responding to a data breach
- Evaluate coverage and limitations of cyber risk and privacy insurance products to protect against financial loss
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations to reduce the consequences of a data breach
Who Should Attend
Risk professionals, IT and data managers, financial managers and others who data and information security for their organizations.
What You Will Cover
Identity theft, fraud and data breaches – challenges, costs & trends
Examples and discussion of leading cases involving information compromise, loss, litigation and settlements
Privacy protection, current regulations and data breach notification requirements
Data risk vulnerability evaluation and assessments
Practical prevention and mitigation strategies
Developing security, compliance and incident response plans
Cyber liability insurance and coverage considerations – Getting it right!
- Case studies
- Interactive exercises
- Group projects
- Video clips
- Sample worksheets and templates