Business Continuity Management: Promote and Protect Enterprise Value
A RIMS Fellow Workshop
A business continuity plan (BCP) will minimize the impact of business interruption should a disaster occur. Having a customized BCP in place will help your organization effectively respond to a crisis.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to create a plan tailored for your organization, communicate its merits to stakeholders and monitor the program for effectiveness.
There are currently no sessions available. Contact us
to request a session.
How You Will Benefit
By attending this workshop, risk managers and other organization leaders will learn to:
- Evaluate the various types of business continuity strategies and identify the most relevant for your organization
- Document roles and responsibilities to ensure the success of your organization’s BCP
- Conduct a business impact analysis, and how best to utilize the results when creating a BCP
- Sustain your program with effective testing and exercises
Who Should Attend
Vice presidents, directors and managers of risk management, operations, internal audit, finance and supply chain.
What You Will Cover
- Underlying concepts and strategies of business continuity management (BCM)
- BCM Governance: policies, trends, and program structures
- Building a BCM team, understanding roles and responsibilities
- Business impact analysis: quantifying and qualifying an impact and applying the resulting data
- Selecting the right strategy for your organization’s needs
- Documenting a BCP
- Testing and sustaining a BCP
- Case studies
- Interactive exercises
- Group projects
- Sample worksheets and templates