Business Continuity Management: Promote and Protect Enterprise Value
A RIMS Fellow Workshop
A business continuity plan (BCP) will minimize the impact of business interruption should a disaster occur. Having a customized BCP in place will help your organization effectively respond to a crisis.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to create a plan tailored for your organization, communicate its merits to stakeholders and monitor the program for effectiveness.
To view session-specific information such as venue, area hotels, and instructors, click on one of the location names below. Otherwise, select 'Register Online' to enroll immediately.
How You Will Benefit
By attending this workshop, risk managers and other organization leaders will learn to:
- Evaluate the various types of business continuity strategies and identify the most relevant for your organization
- Document roles and responsibilities to ensure the success of your organization’s BCP
- Conduct a business impact analysis, and how best to utilize the results when creating a BCP
- Sustain your program with effective testing and exercises
Who Should Attend
Vice presidents, directors and managers of risk management, operations, internal audit, finance and supply chain.
What You Will Cover
- Underlying concepts and strategies of business continuity management (BCM)
- BCM Governance: policies, trends, and program structures
- Building a BCM team, understanding roles and responsibilities
- Business impact analysis: quantifying and qualifying an impact and applying the resulting data
- Selecting the right strategy for your organization’s needs
- Documenting a BCP
- Testing and sustaining a BCP
- Case studies
- Interactive exercises
- Group projects
- Sample worksheets and templates