Risk and Insurance Management Society Board Member Receives Risk & Insurance® Risk Innovator™ Award
Mr. Clark received his Bachelor of Science in business administration from the University of Illinois, College of Commerce. He obtained his Accredited Advisor of Insurance (AAI) designation from the Insurance Institute of America and his Certified Educational Risk Manager accreditation from the State of Florida. In 2007, Mr. Clark was named as a member of the Business Insurance Magazine's Risk Manager of the Year Honor Roll.
Mr. Clark served as the state officer of the Florida Educational Risk Managers Association (FERMA) from 1989 -1991, and president from 1991-1992. He received the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2003. He currently serves RIMS as secretary and has served on RIMS board since 2000 in various capacities, including treasurer.He is a the founder of RIMS Greater Miami Chapter where he served as president from 1992—1993 and 2003-2004, is a past member of RIMS South Florida Chapter (1987-1992) and has was the chair of the Florida Joint Chapters Conference in 1997 and 2004, serving in that capacity again in 2010.
Other RIMS members who received the award include:
- Mark Manion, Insurance Manager BAE Systems, Winthrop, MA (aviation)
- Melanie Stanisic, Senior Claims Manager, HD Supply Inc., Orlando, FL (construction)
- Tom Warischeck, Risk Manager, Kimmins Inc., Tampa, FL (construction)
- Scott Solberg, Manager, Insurance & Loss Control, ConAgra Foods Inc., Omaha, NE (manufacturing)
- Claudia Temple, Assistant Treasurer, Kraft Foods Global, Northfield, IL (manufacturing)
- David Smith, Divisional Vice President, Risk Management, Family Dollar, Matthews, NC (retail/wholesale)
- Sheila Small, Assistant Treasurer of Risk Management, Verizon Communications Inc., New York, NY (technology)
- Karin Landry, Managing Partner, Spring Consulting Group LLC, Boston, MA (utilities)