Launched in 1963, RIMS Annual Conference & Exhibition attracts some 10,000 risk and insurance professionals at all experience levels, business executives with risk management interests, brokers, insurers and service providers for the ultimate educational and networking experience. The five-day event offers keynote presentations, special events and an expansive Exhibit Hall with more than 400 exhibitors. Following Boston, the event will be hosted in Vancouver in 2011.
âThe depth and scope of the line-up at RIMS 2010 Annual Conference & Exhibition reflects our commitment to bringing attendees the most current information and resources they need to keep pace with the evolving business climate,â says Mary Roth, ARM, RIMS executive director. âWith all eyes focused on risk management, now is the time for risk professionals to expand their skills and explore new opportunities to add value to their organizationsâthe sessions at RIMS 2010 are designed to help them do that.â
The conference features keynote presentations from the worldâs top authorities on leadership and business strategy, including:
- Gary Loveman, a former associate professor at the Harvard University Graduate School of Business Administration. He joined Harrahâs Entertainment as chief operating officer in 1998 and drew on his extensive background in retail marketing and service-management to develop and implement the gaming industry's most sophisticated and successful loyalty program, Total Rewards.Â Â
- Nassim N. Taleb, a scholar of risk and model error, literary essayist, and derivatives trader. He is known for a multidisciplinary approach to the role that rare, high-impact events play on shaping economics, philosophy, finance, engineering and history. He is author of the New York Times best-sellerÂ The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable which was hailed by the Times as one of the 12 most influential books since World War II.Â Â
- Rebecca Ryan, an energetic entrepreneur and the founder of Next Generation Consulting (NGC), a research and consulting firm that helps clients engage the next generation. NGC has conducted interviews, focus groups, and surveys with over 30,000 young professionals since 1998. Ryan is author of Live First, Work Second: Getting Inside the Minds of the Next Generation and was named the 2004 Entrepreneur of the Year by the U.S. Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship, as well as the 2006 Communicator of the Year by Women in Communication.
More than 350 expert speakers will lead 120+ sessions on a variety of critical risk management issues. Hot Topic sessions include:Â Â
- Solar Storms: Protecting Your Operations Against the Sun's 'Dark Side'
- Insurance Purchasers Unite! Know Your Rights on Contingent Commissions
- Corporate Governance and the "Shareholder Bill of Rights"Â Â
RIMS 2010 will also offer Strategic Partner Sessions from leading insurers and brokers covering topics that address the needs and concerns of the risk management and insurance community.
There will be a number of networking opportunities for risk practitioners during the conference, including RIMSâ fourth annual Community Service Day, supported by Aon; Spencer Educational Foundationâs annual golf and hockey tournament fundraisers; the Exhibit Hall Lunch & Learn roundtable discussions; and an opening reception dubbed 32 degrees Fahrenheit, at which guests will dine on an array of ethnic delicacies representing Bostonâs cultural diversity.
The Exhibit Hall will feature more than 400 providers offering the latest in products and services for the risk management profession, including insurers, claims services, disaster recovery, workers compensation providers and much more.
Risk Management Monitor and Twitter
RIMS is using social media to provide conference highlights for attendees and for risk practitioners who are unable to attend the conference. The editors of Risk Management magazine will be blogging every day, providing coverage and commentary on many of the 120+ sessions and other events. In addition, RIMS will be tweeting at @RIMSconference.
More information on RIMS 2010 Annual Conference & Exhibition is available online at www.RIMS.org/RIMS2010.
Interested in covering RIMS 2010 for your publication?
Accredited press may obtain a press pass on-site by contacting Amy Benson at abenson@RIMS.org or (212) 655-6059.